Nine (WIN)

Bergerac Promo:

5 Likes

Credit to WIN for at least trying to make the promo look legit.

6 Likes

ONE graphics in 4:3 too in the promo. Does it look better, more in place?

I think it does for the pillarboxed shots. But they should have made the promo ender 16:9.

Just saw the promo on TV and jumped on to mention the promo being 4:3
Bruce really is still trying to live in the 80’s

4 Likes

I’ve noticed that after ‘Bergerac’, WIN One is also airing 'Allo 'Allo! in place of NCIS.

Illawarra guide:

Sydney Guide:

3 Likes

:man_facepalming:t2:

1 Like

I mean, it’s bad that they’re breaking away from the Ten schedule but… probably not actually that bad of a thing? Probably suits the regional audience more

1 Like

It’s not like their dumping first run content for it.

Would WIN save any money by not using a few hours of Ten programming each week, or would they pay their full rate plus whatever these 30 year old programmes cost them?

1 Like

AFAIK they pay for Ten programming whether they use it or not, unless WIN has somehow managed an exception in his current contract.

2 Likes

How does old shitty 80’s content possibly suit a regional audience more than more recent programming?

4 Likes

Really outdated “ONE HD” logo being used on that TV guide!

2 Likes

Regional audiences seem to prefer programs that in metro markets attract an older audience, so swapping out NCIS would be the worst possible option; WIN would be better to alter Eleven programming.

How many runs does NCIS get across the week on Ten?

Maybe they are Bruce Gordon’s two favourite British shows. I think its evident that Days Of Our Lives and Young and the Restless are his two favourite American shows

2 Likes

I wonder if Bruce Gordon will try and get the rights to screen The Dukes Of Hazzard again - after all it was originally screened on CBS in the US.

Other shows Bruce might chase are Maude, Soap, Barney Miller, WKRP In Cincinatti and Sanford and Son

4 Likes

WIN tried that in SA when their 2nd channel started in 2004. Back then they used Ten watermarks (uncovered), Ten promos, Ten news breaks etc. The only references to WIN were when they did ads for local festivals they were sponsoring, they had a dotty-less WIN to the left of the Ten logo; and on local newspaper TV guides when the channel was listed as “WIN Ten”. Also there was a video on Youtube a few years ago (not there now) with Mark Aiston promoting his sports segment on Ten News, at the end of that promo they had the usual deep-voiced WIN voiceover saying “WIN Ten - in the South East”.

2 Likes

maybe they should try that again???

3 Likes

Some old content from Nine affiliation:

4 Likes

Could you give any examples of this where age is discounted as a confounding factor?