Nine (WIN)

Also, they are still airing these old Seven IDs (can’t remember the rough times of metro usage, maybe someone can help):

And they are still using the old 7Two IDs that I recorded from Griffith towards the end of 2016:

5 Likes

I’m pretty sure those Channel Seven Idents date back to around the same 2011-12 timeframe as the 7TWO Idents.

3 Likes

I’m truly surprised you managed to get a cap of a non Harvey Norman sponsorboard off WIN Nine

They have truly flogged the HN one to death- it’s usually the one above, or a generic HN advertisement for TV’s that looks like it’s from 2011-12.

4 Likes

I seem to remember the Harvey Norman Sponsor Billboard airing on a very high rotation the last time I was in a WIN Television viewing area.

Not many sponsors on WIN or do Gerry Harvey and Bruce Gordon have a good friendship?

1 Like

WIN SA has a decent amount of sponsors on WIN and WIN Seven and their multichannels. It’s just WIN Nine, GEM and GO! where 3/4’s of their ads are from HN

:thinking:

The HD add-on logo that has stayed on-screen since forever has finally disappeared on WIN WA.

1 Like

Yeah & the picture quality on WIN Seven, Nine & WIN SD looks fine if it was still 1988, not 2018 :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Bruce’s breakaway program The Man Who Lived at the Ritz is being shown in stretched 14:9 on Eleven. Lovely.

8 Likes

Geez Bruce must’ve gotten a good deal on those Harmony Gold rights. :rofl:

1 Like

They were in the clearance bin at JB-HIFI :joy::joy::joy::joy:

2 Likes

Wait, they have those in Bermuda?

AFAIK the Nine affiliation deal in WIN regions expires June 30

Wonder if we will see HD and 9LIFE return, or just same old same old Nine and GO! in 240p res and GEM with its 1950’s movies in Crystal Clear High Definition™

1 Like

What about the Seven affiliation deal?

Who knows!

It would be a very small deal at best - WIN only broadcasts Seven /7TWO/7mateHD in regional SA and Riverina/MIA

1 Like

I don’t think there’s any real chance of WIN bring 7HD, 7filx, 9HD & 9 Life to regional SA soon, unless 7 & 9 stop supplying WIN HD feeds of 7mate & 9Gem.

1 Like

Or if 7mate and 9gem where is sd. They might be able to squeeze in 9life and 7flix

1 Like

I think it could be done but it would be a tight squeeze
They run with one less channel now than when the 9 affiliation was with WIN

They’d be able to fit it in easily - after all it would only be the same number of channels the metros have. The real question is if WIN will want to pay extra to get the additional channels and go to the effort of getting them running. My guess is probably not - they’re only small areas with small ad revenue which they already receive 100% of regardless of how good the service is.

4 Likes

After two years of negotiations Bruce Gordon’s WIN has abandoned plans to buy 50% of the St George Illawarra NRL team. WIN will continue to be a sponsor. Fairfax is reporting that a Qatari Sheikh Faisal Bin Qassim Al Thani could buy the stake instead.

2 Likes

They would have been the right partner given their perfect WINning start to the season!