Nine (WIN)

WIN are very creative when it comes to PRG animations.

I would assume that it gets done on After Effects and then gets pumped to playout via a chroma key.

Win seem to be pushing the envelope on Christmas Day with the regional variations from 6am til 9:30am then 12pm til 1pm and 2:30pm til 5pm. It includes a show called " Halfway Across the Galaxy and Turn Left" at 7:30am and WIN Symphony Orchestra Christmas Special at 12:30pm and WIN Symphony Orchestra Special at 2:30pm.

2 Likes

another one from the Crawfords back catalogue

Promo:

They did similar last year, inserting their own shows and delaying some of the Ten schedule:

3 Likes

Going back to the days when the US radio and television networks had their own orchestras and big bands, and in homage to Australian conductor Hector Crawford? Looking forward to primetime specials on WIN.

2 Likes

It just means that WIN sponsors the Wollongong Symphony Orchestra (WSO) although that special must be old because apparently the WSO wound up years ago.

6 Likes

Gee, I hope nobody’s watching the Alive & Cooking Christmas Special to get ideas about what to make for Christmas lunch.

Also, that “wholesome family entertainment” line at the end of the promo has Bruce Gordon written all over it!

6 Likes

Odd airing then as it was disbanded in 2011 because WIN pulled their funding.

10 Likes

Another treat from the WIN programming department on Eleven this evening - Sherlock Holmes: Incident at Victoria Falls (1992)

Presented in lovely zoomed 4:3 blurovision for your viewing pleasure.

3 Likes

I’ve noticed the HD addition to the shit mark is also seen on WIN SD during the Big Bash. Same in other areas?

Of course the HD symbol on the bottom-right that hasn’t disappeared for 6 months is still there camouflaged in the score board super.

No one monitors the WIN channels at MediaHub, clearly.

5 Likes

Same in other areas?

WIN SD Illawarra doesn’t have that issue.

3 Likes

Probably just the same feed on both channels for capacity reasons inside Media Hub…

Let me guess. Is this via WIN WA?

1 Like

WIN HD WA:

WIN WA:

8 Likes

Looks like WIN are modifying with the morning lineup quite a lot during the entirety of next week too.

They’ve got a programme called “Heidi” scheduled at 7:30am each morning… according to the online guide it’s from 1968 :roll_eyes::roll_eyes:

2 Likes

Same during normal programming too. I noticed the D in HD looked a bit weird a couple of weeks ago but I never check the SD channel. So it’s probably been like this for a while.

3 Likes

Based on the cast (Jane Seymour and Patricia Neal) I think its the 1993 Disney Channel mini series they’re showing.

More GOLD material:

6 Likes

I wonder why they haven’t fully restored the “WIN Gold” logo in idents, only in the watermark? Surely Brucey would want to plaster it over his own channels as much as possible?

(Also, does the EPG say “Gold” or “WIN Gold”?)

1 Like

‘GOLD’ as transmitting on WIN Western Victoria (Lookout Hill)

http://sichbopvr.com/frequency-tables/Australia/Victoria/Ballarat

1 Like