Nine (WIN)

12:40 am and still no switch over. I thourght they might have flicked the switch after the project repeat but no. I presume it will happen sometime over night.

3 Likes

Exactly, just like what ABC News Channel did from the News 24 branding back then: brand change before 5 or 6am.

The blue blob has arrived on the Coffs Coast! The switchover must have happened sometime during the night.

3 Likes

The switch happened just after 1am, right in the middle of an ad during the “The Late Show”.

There was no warning message, no nothing, the screen just went black after that. My tuner required a full rescan.

But the logo :fearful: It is SOOO much bigger than the old one, here is a comparison vs TEN Sydney taken a few mins ago during the same infomercial airing on both.

Note how the TEN logo stays within the blue ribbon but the WIN one doesn’t.

6 Likes

LCN names are

WiN Newcastle
WIN HD Newcastle
ONE Newcastle
ELEVEN Newcastle

This is the same for Newcastle AND the Central Coast
ie. no WIN Central Coast or anything like that.

Green and Purple colored blobs on ONE and ELEVEN also.

3 Likes

Have they changed in size?

The Crappy Mappy is here & yes it is fugly isnt it :confounded:

16 Likes

Why don’t they use the clear watermark, or WIN inside the circle

The watermark is hideous and huge.

How big can this WIN ■■■■■■■■■ grow? Because this stain is about 5cm wide.

7 Likes

We told you.

Welcome to regional hell, along with the rest of us.

I look forward to reports of complaints from regular people tonight. :smiling_imp:

11 Likes

I’d imagine that the reaction from Northern NSW viewers upon seeing the new (to them) “watermarks” on WIN, One & Eleven would probably be something like this emoticon…:scream:

6 Likes

WHY CAN’T I SEE IT?

the emoji not the watermark (I wish)

1 Like

Fortunately for me I will only endure it for a day whilst on holidays.

7 Likes

actually its only been blue since win became a ten affiliate
when it was 9 affiliate mappy was transparent

4 Likes

Perhaps Nine wouldn’t put up with it!!

2 Likes

A “Studio 10” promo with the TEN logo aired up here in Northern NSW.
Is that normal?

Other than the oversized logos, everything seems to be running smoothly up here.
There haven’t been any issues like ad break timings, ads from the wrong regions etc.
Even the SD picture quality on WIN, ONE or ELEVEN hasn’t been as bad as I wss expecting given many comments made by seasoned WIN viewers on MS.

Just saw an ad for a Crawford DVD on WIN ONE… I think I can expect to see many many of these!

2 Likes

Not quite. They switched to this version immediately following the Ten affiliation swap (the best watermark they’ve ever used IMO). It was around mid-December that the solid blue logo was introduced and has been permanently plastered ever since (worsening with the One/Eleven solid additions a few months back). :expressionless:

https://forums.mediaspy.org/uploads/default/optimized/2X/1/18b185e67373673a77f755983307b696e6a94184_1_690x388.jpg

Cap by @WAtvVideos. Plenty more in the Watermarks thread.

12 Likes

Useless posting it to that page, it’s an unofficial page and will most likely not be monitored by anyone from WIN.

5 Likes