Nine (WIN)

250 and 252 are definitely different places? Or are you saying that SCA had offices in 250 aswell?

What I mean is when we were at 252 (KO/Hit) the Ten people under SCA’s branding were already at 250.

It’s an office suite in the building right next door. Not sure if their sales people were upstairs at 252 though, didn’t see too many “sales monkeys” (I was once one, so I can call them that! :P)

Now I have no idea if that was a recent move before we came over to Honeysuckle, or whether they were there from when SCA took on the affiliation.

2 Likes

I think WIN at 250 is only sales now, & I think it’s probably only recent (just prior to the SCA move)?

I’m not sure where Ten sales were prior, but pretty sure TEN Newcastle play-out/production & everything, was upstairs at 252.

All the tech equipment & microwave links came from Darby street to 252 after SCA took over, they were taken out again just before SCA moved, after WIN took over, (your NX/KO microwave dish on the roof at Honeysuckle is the old Ten Newcastle microwave dish I think, that was at Darby St, then Charlestown). The KO/NX microwave STL at Charlestown was on the back wall above the garage, Ten Newcastle STL at Charlestown was on the roof, that why the big steel formwork & ladders were installed.

WIN Newcastle play-out comes direct from Canberra/Mediahub Campbelltown to Mt Sugarloaf via their digital microwave distribution network now AFAIK. I don’t know where they do local production now, maybe they don’t, just take local video shots & send it to Wollongong for full production?

Campbelltown? I thought MediaHub is in Ingleburn within the Sydney suburb? Well, nevertheless, SCA is closing down their Canberra facilities by stages, such as this.

3 Likes

Yes MediaHub is in Ingleburn, & technically Ingleburn’s part of the Campbelltown LGA, so generally speaking it’s at Campbelltown.

I’m not a local, but by no means would I call Ingleburn a Sydney suburb, Liverpool is pushing the southern limits IMO. It’s just as much Sydney as Richmond/Windsor, but not a Sydney suburb per se.

3 Likes

I put SC TEN on tonight with the sole purpose of seeing what promotion there is of the rebrand occurring next Friday.

It was over an hour before I saw one of the WIN Network audience reach promos - like the one that @Abesty posted (it didn’t have Newcastle Beach in it, the only notable geographic shot was of Black Mountain).

Still nothing about the 1st September changeover or need to rescan.

It’s safe to say that SC TEN viewers by and large would not have a clue about the monstrosities that are going to plague the bottom right corner of their screens in just 10 days time.

8 Likes

Playout was in Canberra, and still is until playout moves to MediaHub on September 1st.
The microwave dish did send the TV signal the last hop from Charlestown to Mt Sugarloaf - but the signal was fed through some sort of fibre (I assume) link from Canberra to Charlestown.
SCTen would have only had sales and commercial production in Newcastle.

2 Likes

MS: WIN needed to promote the change to reduce viewer confusion and remind them to rescan to receive all channels correctly
WIN: BIGGER LOGOS!

10 Likes

:scream:

WHAT?
Bigger than they already are?
How is that going to be possible?

I mean… they couldn’t… they wouldn’t … no, surely not … I’m not going to even THiNK about that anymore…

:nauseated_face:

1 Like

I managed to get a rather poor pic of the end of a promo that aired this morning. It had the Studio 10 hosts explaining the changes from 1 September and that some viewers may need to rescan their channels.

5 Likes

They’ve been uploaded online. Check out wintv.com.au under videos.

2 Likes

In all promotional materials, the logo of the WIN Network as a whole is mappy, while the logo of the primary channel is the wordmark. Why, oh why can they not reflect this in on-screen watermarks?!

1 September would be the perfect opportunity to revert back to the transparent wordmark over mappy, less they piss off the largest licence area outside eastern metro.

3 Likes

Here is the direct link to the videos http://www.wintv.com.au/videos

1 Like

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TeY9u6QH58w

6 Likes

Any word whether they have WIN All Australian News in the morning? Because I know that In WIN areas, the schedule is slightly different to TEN areas.

1 Like

That graphic should read: “You’ll still receive all the same great programs but they’ll be unwatchable”.

24 Likes

Vision obviously supplied by Network Ten but the promos including graphics, theme music etc seem to have been produced by Ten also - too good to be a Win production.

5 Likes

great?

I think the most accurate is “You’ll still be able to hear the same programs”

7 Likes

Interesting they’re showing Tim Bailey/Sandra Sully market wide. I wonder if this means WIN Gold Coast will stick with the Brisbane version of Ten News or start re-broadcasting the Sydney version?

Not sure but my personal preference would be for them to show the Sydney news on WIN Gold Coast mostly for historical reasons. NRTV in the old days used to show National Nine News from Sydney (Seven National News from Sydney in the late 70s and early 80s) and of course Ten News from Sydney after the local news got axed in 1995 until whenever it was they decided to show the Brisbane news instead. I guess we will find out next Friday.

3 Likes