Nine (WIN)

Better for win, but not the viewer. Bizarre

3 Likes

It may be better for the owner’s ego, but I don’t see why it’s really better for the regional affiliate/company.

Quite a few viewers may still be confused, but that’s largely because WIN wanted it that way (same logo, refusing to swap LCNs, etc.), and plenty of people don’t watch as much broadcast TV as they used to, but eventually it’ll settle down to what it always is; the content: What programmes are on, how they rate, and not the stupid channel brand associated with it.

The different logo/branding (& LCNs) just add costs and confusion (so people will turn off/pick an alternative).

2 Likes

SCA sells N-NSW TV assests to WIN for $55m:

4 Likes

“For viewers there will be little obvious impact on the screen” - hilarious!

18 Likes

Feel sorry for Northern NSW viewer’s. :flushed:

8 Likes

Well there you go. I thought SCA would try harder for radio assets, obviously not.

Expect to see the ‘welcome to an all new WIN network’ loop to play when they take over - now featuring coverups on the channel numbers since they will be on the 5 range!

2 Likes

Damn, that was the best Ten affiliate. :frowning:

10 Likes

Seems like the little WIN above the Eleven and One watermarks wasn’t good enough for them. WIN has now made Eleven and One unwatchable for viewers with coloured logos in place of the watermarks (much like the pink blobs with Gem and Go!):

As of a few days ago:

7 Likes

The main channel looking fantastic at the moment as well: :expressionless:

6 Likes

Do they have no consideration for the viewers? :unamused: Mappy, a solid watermark, AND a WIN one on top? They’ve gone mad if they think viewers will be completely fine with this. And we thought the days of bizarre WIN coverups were over! :slight_frown:

3 Likes

It’s easy for WIN. No social media, not even an email on their website. Make it hard for viewers to complain and you can get away with this kind of stuff (for years with Gem, remember?)

7 Likes

Yes but what if someone complains to the ACMA?

WIN would need to be in breach of something for ACMA to act on a complaint. As far as I can tell, the only thing WIN are in breach of is being a pain in the arse.

21 Likes

Won’t it be great to see solid coloured watermarks on Ten/WIN, Eleven and One in Northern NSW?!

Said nobody ever.

8 Likes

Why is WIN so strange? All their decisions are really bizarre.

Ten can’t afford to buy them… maybe if the reach rule was dropped Bruce would merge with ten for a greater percentage of holdings in ten and then the WIN brand could go the way of the dodo. Wishful thinking one thinks.

6 Likes

Or the Ten brand would go away?

3 Likes

All this tinkering with watermarks and they still can’t fix their fucking HD one. It’s been this way for months. Clearly no one at WIN monitors their own channels. :rage:

5 Likes

Even C31 gets their timings right.

least they didnt use mappy on 11 and one lol

2 Likes

I think the regional “WIN” brand would disappear before the metropolitan “Ten” brand.

2 Likes