Nine (WIN)

as it should be. Just like the WIN Ten channel in SA pre-2016, with Ten promos, Ten watermarks, Ten idents etc. and the only mention of WIN was when there was an ad for a local event sponsored by WIN with the Ten logo next to the dotty-less WIN.

2 Likes

I know, WIN should allow the Nine News name to air, with 9Now and Stan promos. Transparent watermarks, updated classification and prgs would be my WIN Network.

P.S On programs like A Current Affair and 60 Minutes, just put the WIN logo on top of the Nine one, like they did in 2005. For example, like this…

Thanks to Zampakid for the capture.

5 Likes

then why keep the 30 min model, if they had a 15min bulletin staffed by 2 journos and 2 camos and did 10 mins of news and a quality weather, would people prefer that than have 3 mins of local news in a 30 min or 60 mins program? It could be an option to keep local news services

i havent seen that. do you have a link?

Interesting theory but could a 15 minute bulletin make as much money as a 30 minute bulletin due to less advertising time? Or perhaps intergrate advertising like “Good Evening, this bulletin is bought to you by Bob’s Car Wash… Now our top story” :joy:

1 Like

… we tried a 15 minute news at Prime in Canberra and Wollongong when the 30 minute bulletins rated asterisks when we first started … but it was difficult to get an audience to fit in with a 5.45pm start …

3 Likes

Yes, a 15 mn bulletin might work but only if it was at 18:00 with a delayed (and edited down to 45 mn) national bulletin right after, but that editing of 9News Sydney/Melbourne/etc. is tricky & stressful work to get done in time to air at 18:15.

Bob would love it… haha

1 Like

For those people doubting his expertise. Bruce Gordon was an entertainer from around the time he turned 20. In the 1950’s Gordon was reportedly a talented magician, regularly performing at the Tivoli Theatre in Sydney, and on the Tivoli circuit. He also did a show in cinemas before the main feature, and performed in night clubs. And he was very generous in passing on his trade secrets.

Source: Brisbane Telegraph, 17 September 1951

Source: The Sunday Telegraph, Sydney, 23 August 1953

Later, Gordon rose to be a manager at the Tivoli.

Source: The West Australian, 23 June, 1954

2 Likes

When WIN launched its 2nd channel in SA in 2004 they could have gone with the Seven Network as its affiliate partner for the channel, but Seven did not have AFL rights at the time. AFL was the reason they ended up with Ten (which had the Saturday arvo and night rights). Also Ten had a strong lineup back then with shows such as Australian Idol, Big Brother and The Secret Life of Us.

4 Likes

I remember emailing the WIN SA manager around 2002 & at that time he believed the plan for the new channel was to go with Seven & the existing SES/RTS channel was to be a combination of Nine & Ten but things obviously changed, but I don’t believe many viewers were expecting Seven programs to disappear almost completely apart from the Olympic Games & the Melbourne Cup.

2 Likes

and by 2007 (1) Seven regained the AFL rights (2) had strong shows such as Lost and Desperate Housewives dominating the ratings and (3) WIN’s relationship with Nine had soured badly, these three reasons were why WIN SA’s main channel decided to go with Seven instead of Nine.

2 Likes

No. TV Blackbox isn’t a reliable site and had previously reported in the past that Channel Ten was-to-launch MTV as a third multichannel. Simply a copy-paste from the 2016 announcement

2 Likes

"And now I’m going to make this watermark…disappear.

…damn it."

12 Likes

It’s not a watermark. It’s a solid…stain burning in on regional TV screens.

12 Likes

His greatest magic trick was making millions of dollars disappear when his shares in Ten became worthless.

19 Likes

This is probably a massive pie in the sky thought, but now that WIN is back with Nine, with Imparja’s continuing decline and WIN’s desire to expand further (consolidating all regional broadcasters under a WIN-led company), would WIN have any interest in purchasing Imparja to complete its ownership of all Nine affiliates (aside from NBN and Spencer Gulf).

3 Likes

Just because it didn’t happen doesn’t mean that the information wasn’t right at the time. TVBB’s track record shows they’ve had stories that have hit more then they’ve missed by a considerable margin.

By all means, make your own assessment on whether you trust the site or not, but to make such an unequivocal claim on the back of a single article is disingenuous.

19 Likes

I’d say nope. Imparja apparently makes no money. Don’t know if WIN would buy into a sub-market which they know it’ll be a tough slog.