Nine (WIN)

Can you please calm down and stop posting every random thought that pops into your head?

25 Likes

And? The relevance of this is…?

5 Likes

At least it beats speculating about the next co-host of Sunrise. At least for a day :grinning:

4 Likes

Something I saw in that @KevinPerry article that hasn’t been discussed yet.

While I don’t watch 9Life, this is disappointing to see… that 9Life will once again be removed for the affiliation swap to be re-instated at a later date, exactly the same as what happened in 2016 with the switch to SCA.

A bit ridiculous for regional viewers to lose the channel for a while again after many years on air now.

Surely they can get everything in place to ensure that this doesn’t have to happen?

2 Likes

wouldn’t be an affiliation swap without something happening to 9Life :stuck_out_tongue:

8 Likes

One can assume 9Life will replace Sky News on WIN in August.

6 Likes

I look forward to Mr WIN’s big booming voice enticing us to the next gripping episode of Married At First Sight.

3 Likes

Not to mention Around the World in 80 Days and Shaka Zulu :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

4 Likes

Apparently WIN will be airing the Nine promos with Nine branding.

6 Likes

Does WIN have any kind of streaming/on demand service of it’s own? Could the deal see WIN air on 9Now?

2 Likes

I doubt it. Nine wants people watching Nine owned feeds with Nine advertising embedded on 9Now

Carrying WIN local streams would be big tech investments costing money and also lost viewership of people watching local WIN feeds and seeing WIN commercials not Nine commercials

Nine don’t want that

7 Likes

Bruce Gordon to replace Kochie, Nat Barr to replace Bruce at WIN/Bermuda and Kochie to replace Hitch on Nine. Heard from a reliable source in my head.

11 Likes

I remember these days. Everything was branded “Nine” but they’d put on one of their “WIN Network - Entertaining Australia” promos semi-regularly. News was fully branded “Nine News” but the closer had a VO that ran something along the lines of “Nine Adelaide is operated by WIN, the largest network in Australia”.

It’ll be interesting to see any similarities. I can’t imagine Bruce would relinquish WIN branding on local news, especially since Nine still haven’t killed the NBN brand yet. If they go Nine branding on the main channel I’d assume the situation would be similar to Adelaide and Perth and air WIN promos every so often.

5 Likes

A little like 7central was with the SC star a few years back.

2 Likes

I’d expect Nine would prefer WIN to keep the local news brand. Mainly because the bulletins have a broad loyal viewership already sees them do comparatively well in the ratings plus they probably don’t want the Nine News brand on these bulletins at least in their current form.

6 Likes

I am thrilled that the Nine branding will continue and the Ten branding will return!

An interesting result of this change will be that all of the channels in Regional QLD will use the same branding as metro areas for the first time.

All of the WIN monopoly markets will be the same.

NSW/ACT and Victoria will be close, with the exception of the word Prime next to the 7 logo. Maybe it’s time to retire that too

13 Likes

Tasmania too for the first time - hard to believe too that TDT is approaching 20 years old and it’s only 9 years younger than WIN Television in the state!

9 Likes

From my understanding their still will be local WIN branding on their main channel, but it will incorporate the Nine brand more.

2 Likes

Wasn’t the whole reason Nine went with SCA was because SCA would roll out the Nine branding nationwide?

Now it seems money talks and it’ll be a step back in time if it goes back to WIN.

Surely Australian TV is at the stage now where we could have Seven, Nine and Ten branding across the country. We’ve already got with with radio.

8 Likes

What WIN Needs to do from July is to set up a YouTube Page under WIN9News to allow those to upload their 12 Regional News Bulletins each Weeknight after they air.

3 Likes