Nine (WIN)

:man_facepalming:

4 Likes

VHS was put to air in extreme cases. SVHS sometimes too.

As for that aspect ratio, it needs to be set - as has been said - because before wide-screen there was no WSS line present in the video signal.

5 Likes

… like smart phone video (what’s more in vertical AR) …

Fans of I’m a Celebrity in Coffs Harbour and Grafton won’t be happy as they miss out on tonight’s episode due to the transmitter outage.

2 Likes

but they could catch up on ten play or wait till tomorrow arvo when its replayed

2 Likes

Agreed. I reckon people in the Coffs/Clarence would be more concerned about missing out on the cricket (via Prime7) than I’m A Celebrity, Get Me Out of Here!

3 Likes

But the two Sydney teams (Sixers and Thunder) did not play tonight, so people in the region wouldn’t care.

2 Likes

New style billboards airing now… seems they have done away with the Ten style one:

Old and new comparisons:

10 Likes

could this be bruces doing?

2 Likes

Is the sky blue?

4 Likes

that and changing of the win logo

2 Likes

I’m getting some strong Nine billboard vibes from that (especially that animation of the billboard itself).

6 Likes

and that voice over sounds very much like the v/o guy they used when they were with 9

3 Likes

It is the same guy, he has always been on WIN’s payroll.

4 Likes

The voice over on the electrodry one has been doing voice overs for WIN for well over 10 years. Not bad sounding, even though it’s a waste of resources for WIN to make their own show promos when they could be saving money and use Ten’s.

5 Likes

He was doing WIN’s voice overs when I was a kid in the late 90’s. That’s well over 20 years now!

3 Likes

What the hell. WIN News in my area is SD quality on WIN HD, with the only HD thing being the watermark.

4 Likes

Where?

2 Likes

Central Victoria

3 Likes

Agreed.

Like everyone else I couldn’t tell you anything about the inner workings of WIN Television. But I do wonder if after July 1, we’ll see Studio 10, The Project and what remains of 10 News First replaced by more Sky News content.

I mean realistically, WIN needs Ten for primetime programming and whatever premium sport they’ve still got left. But news/current affairs wise? While I hate News Corp as much as most on Media Spy, Ten don’t have that much to offer these days compared to Sky News who could potentially help to produce several new bulletins for WIN.

2 Likes