Ten (West Digital Television)

Since July 2016, when WIN switched from Nine to TEN affiliate, Regional and Remote WA viewers were ‘robbed’ where they lost their 9Life channel. Initially, 9Life was launched on 10 March 2016 in Regional WA alongside with WIN HD (as Nine Affiliate HD). Since July 1 2016, West Digital Nine lost their HD channel. I am hoping that 9Life will come into Regional WA in Dec 2018.

1 Like

They never really lost their HD channel. It just changed from One, to nothing for a few days, then to 9Gem.

5 Likes

If the new channel is 9Life it will be good … but Nine West will probably still end up not meeting the required multichannel local content quota for the year.

3 Likes

If 9Life and 9HD launch, would they follow a TDT-like LCN structure (5, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54) or a GTS/BKN structure without 9HD (8, 80, 84, 88 but with 5s rather than 8s)?

I’m hoping we see SNOW disappear from 54 in WIN SA territory. :exploding_head:

2 Likes

If 9HD was launching I think we’d see it in a test state by now. I’d say they will keep everything where it is and just go with 5, 50, 54 and 55 like Eastern SA and presumably Griffith. Which I dislike. Even though no 9HD is launching they should still replicate the LCN positions and put 9 SD on 50, 51 or both, for now, and put the rest of them in their logical positions.

Wonder if Mildura has Ch-54 now?

2 Likes

GWN are responsible for playout, correct (since WDT sub-markets mirror those of GWN versus WIN’s statewide market)? They might care enough to reshuffle TDT-style, might.

1 Like

Nope, WIN is responsible for WDT and MDT playout. The multiple stations in WA are a technicality and aren’t really related to which station does playout.

3 Likes

Well then we can forget about WIN reshuffling the channel numbers.

NervousHappygoluckyIndianhare-size_restricted

3 Likes

Still showing the classic WIN scenic loop. I wonder if we’ll see a Monday launch?

5 Likes

This is a real banger, hope they start broadcasting these loops in 4K :tired_face:

4 Likes

In the Scenic Loop, they still have the Ferris wheel, Bankwest Towers in the Perth City. However, Perth City did not have the Elizabeth Quay and was an open space back then.

2 Likes

Has anything changed in WA or is the scenic loop still running on 54?

1 Like

Still the scenic loop. WDT says they’re testing. Personally, I think they’re negotiating and nothing has been agreed upon yet. I’m not aware of any other network having to run a scenic loop for months to test a 3rd multichannel. It’s not even MPEG-4.

1 Like

From the Prime Media annual report released on Friday afternoon. Nine WA doesn’t look too bad, seemingly making a profit. But half of that was wiped out by an increased loss on Nine Mildura.

5 Likes

Is WDT still running a test feed on 54? I’m very curious…

Yes, it’s still there.

2 Likes

Sponsor billboard:

The “Ch 54” (as the LCN Name is) loop:

10 Likes

Most of the images in that scenic loop now are over 10 years old! Strange they’ve kept the loop going for so long without adding another channel…

6 Likes

How’s the loop going?

2 Likes