Nine Tennis Coverage

Tennis Australia told me early to mid November we should have the Australian summer of tennis events confirmed.

I read an article that suggested the ATP Cup is a big doubt for 2022.

4 Likes

Billie Jean King Cup

Tuesday, 2 Nov on 9GO!

8:30 PM - 1:30 AM [300 mins]

WWOS presents Australia v Belgium live from the O2 Arena in Prague, Czech Repubic. The Australian Team – Ajla Tomljanovic, Astra Sharma, Storm Sanders, Ellen Perez and Olivia Gadecki and Captain Alicia Molik. Live Play from 20:30PM AEDT

4 Likes

9Gem will show the Billie Jean King Cup between Australia and Belarus live from Prague this Thursday (November 4) at 8.30pm AEDT. Semi-finals and final coverage is TBA.
Interestingly, neither Nine or beIN Sport will show the clash between Belarus and Belgium tomorrow (November 1).

2 Likes

Nothing on Stan Sport. Thought Stan will have the Billie Jean King Cup and Davis Cup Finals this November

The deal was signed before SS, right?

The Billie Jean Cup is on 9Gem (edit : 9Go) at the moment. Australian Daria Gavrilova beat Belgian G. Minnen in the opening match.

Todd Woodbridge and Jelena Jokic are the hosts from the studio.

So far, the coverage is good.

4 Likes

It’s on 9Go for some stupid reason in QLD :angry: :rage:

Caps:

6 Likes

Pretty sure it was on 9Go nationally

6 Likes

It was. I made a mistake on my above post saying it was on 9Gem in Sydney. It was in fact 9Go. The ratings for the tennis weren’t good.

4 Likes

From the Footy on Nine studio in Melbourne, correct?

Not surprised, nobody probably knew it was on.

4 Likes

I think the BJK Cup should of been on Nine or 9GEM since it’s country representation but would of been better if Nine advertised last nights match more. But I like how Nine is using the supplied tournaments graphics for the Grand Slams and now Billie Jean Cup, compared to Seven.

5 Likes

BILLIE JEAN KING CUP - Semi Final

Tonight - Friday (Saturday Morning)

Wide World of Sports presents Australia v Switzerland in the Semi Final. The Australian Team – Ajla Tomljanovic, Astra Sharma, Storm Sanders, Ellen Perez, Olivia Gadecki and Captain Alicia Molik. Live Play from 3.00AM AEDT.

03:00 AM Sydney, Melbourne
02:30 AM Adelaide
02:00 AM Brisbane
01:30 AM Darwin
12:00 AM Perth.

Update:

Saturday
BILLIE JEAN KING CUP PLAY CONTINUES until 08:00 AM AEDT

5 Likes
3 Likes

About time. Similar to the other Grand Slams

3 Likes

Australian Open launch is tomorrow I believe…Federer now confirmed out until next northern hemisphere summer(maybe back for Wimbledon at earliest)

Potentially the lead up tournaments for the Australian summer of tennis will be confirmed

I like the change for womens semis on Thursday night(approx 7pm & 9pm?), and mens semis Friday afternoon and night(approx 3pm & 7pm?)

6 Likes

Tickets officially go on sale to the general public at 12 pm on Friday.

2 Likes

Looks like ATP Cup will be exclusive to Sydney, starting Sunday January 2, and if so would be an 8 day event rather than the usual 10 days…if this is true, with 2 less days there is the potential to have the format be 8 groups of 3 rather than 6 groups of 4 if they wanted a less hectic schedule but that would mean 12 less group ties and less revenue from tickets.

Sydney will also have an ATP 250 and WTA 500 in week 2, the week before the Open.

Melbourne and Adelaide lead up events tbc…no other cities will be hosting events the first 2 weeks, including Perth, Brisbane, Hobart, Doha and Auckland.

2 Likes

The Australian Open has officially confirmed that all participants must be fully vaccinated to compete in next year’ tournament.

“We would love to see Novak here, he knows that he’ll have to be vaccinated to play here.”

2 Likes