Nine Tennis Coverage

Dylan Allcott is one of the commentators for the Men’s Doubles Final, which is happening right now.

4 Likes

His “shtick” is he’s a grumpy old man who often has embarrassing moments and makes social faux pas. If you don’t take him too seriously, he’s quite funny.

5 Likes

Andy Lee on 9 just then: “I’m hosting another show on Channel 10 at 7:30 Wednesday”

8 Likes

Did he really say that?

1 Like

Yep - he then also urged viewers to watch MAFS just to balance it out!

1 Like
2 Likes

A good win by Djokovic tonight. In 3 sets too.

James Bracey, Jim Courier and Lleyton Hewitt interviewed him after the match.

With it being a quick match tonight, they are now showing some of the Osaka-Brady match from last night as a filler.

5 Likes

Coverage finished just past 11:50pm.

6 Likes

James Bracey signed off by thanking TA and Craig Tiley, the Vic Government, Nine Network, Melburnians and his wwos team (“I love you all and it’s a privilidge to sit here”) before saying “it’s goodbye for now”, a super quick montage of Djokovic’s win and wwos production closer.

3 Likes

Ouch
https://www.theaustralian.com.au/business/media/nines-australian-open-tennis-tv-audience-drops-30-per-cent/news-story/6b13cc604fb5e6025fd1ccc416fe3b4d

1 Like

Expected. Didn’t help we had bland semis and final on top of that as well.

1 Like

Saturday’s final will be on 9Now only, according to online guides released today.

Wouldn’t be surprised if that changes if Barty makes it into the final

2 Likes

The final is on Saturday night according to the schedule.

9Gem is showing Super Rugby that night, so if Barty makes it to the final, it will have to be on 9GO!.

1 Like
5 Likes

I see it more as a joke in that nobody watches 10, desperate plug joke. It’s been done before.

4 Likes

It’s OK - nobody was watching the tennis then either.

6 Likes

There were 178 million minutes of live broadcast footage streamed on 9Now, up 10 per cent on 2020.

5 Likes

Certainly TV Ratings are down, but Streaming numbers are up each year. The peak of TV is long gone, but streaming is still on the rise.

7 Likes