Nine Tennis Coverage

So they can’t even send anyone to Perth? That’s piss poor form. From the studio in Melbs.

You would think that Launching the tennis on Nine, it would be hosted from Perth. :man_facepalming:

Does it really make a difference? Either way they’re in a studio.

Caps:

6 Likes

Not used to this at all but it will take time to adjust.

It looks as though Clint Stanaway is in Melb to produce the HOpman Cup. But what about Bec Maddern? Will she do the coverage from Melb or in Perth?

The shitty Sunday footy show set? At least use a tight shot of the news set with an animated background, etc.

They could’ve even used the STW news set (it’s about two streets away from Perth Arena).

4 Likes

Used a megawall on the screen. Never seen that before on Nine’s tennis.

“After the Tennis”:

3 Likes

Nine are using Tennis Australia graphics for their presentation unlike 7

Yep. Any sporting event in this country should not be hosted out of another city. There is talent everywhere, it’s really not a good look.

8 Likes

Please tell me they’re not actually using that old line anywhere!

Networks seem to have adopted the “dates” instead for Q1 promotion now

For example, if you search “Sydney International” on Google Images, Johanna Griggs appears in a couple from 2011, where she was definitely on location.

So Seven used to send even the hosts across the country.

Although Nine’s Wide World of Sports is different, they’ve always utilised those studios for hosts. Just a different approach. Economical? Easier?

No, they didn’t. I was making a joke …

Sorry! :joy: You had quotation marks, so a poor presumption on my part.

How do you capture images

All previous Hoan cup coverage: abc, ten and seven have all been hosted from the venue. God knows wtf nine are doing.

4 Likes

Again, what difference does it make?

Authenticity and quality of coverage. It’s just tacky.

8 Likes

Rubbish. Makes no difference at all. We are watching for the sport, not to see the host for a total of maybe 5 minutes throughout the whole coverage.

1 Like

I agree that Nine should be presenting their Hopman Cup coverage from the venue or at least their Perth studios. This major event should be used as a rare opportunity to attract Perth/WA viewers to Nine, knowing how poorly they usually rate over in the West due to Seven’s stranglehold on the city/state.

But you can be sure that the decision to present the coverage from their Melbourne studios has something to do with this: :moneybag::moneybag::moneybag:

5 Likes