Nine/Stan Rugby Union Coverage

This one could be an 8 Eastern kickoff.

Could this mean Stan will adopt Sky Sport NZ graphics, or vice versa?

Would be new graphics or the RA ones, it won’t be the internal Sky ones.

New is my understanding.

2 Likes

With round 1 kicking off a week before the NRL, I wonder if there would have been any merit in 9 putting more games on FTA this weekend to advertise their Stan Sport offering.

Would have been good to see all Australian teams live on the main channel

2 Likes

As seen on Sky and Stan in Aus.

1 Like

Score ticker at ground

3 Likes

They don’t look too bad for what is (as has tended to be the case with common Super Rugby graphics) just re-skins of Sky’s usual graphics, which are good in themselves - although I see they’ve at least conceded the style of the try graphic to be similar to what Stan used last year.

Apart from needing the common and neutral branding so it works elsewhere: I sorta still prefer what Sky have used locally (for things like the NPC, at least the most recent version as used last year) to this…

2 Likes

Stan Sport will show the 2023 Australian Club Championship doubleheader live from Brisbane’s Sci-Fleet Stadium tomorrow (March 4). Gold Coast’s Bond University and Sydney club Gordon will compete for the inaugural women’s title at 12.30pm QLD time (1.30pm AEDT), before Wests Bulldogs take on Sydney University in the men’s final at 2pm QLD time.

4 Likes

2 Likes

9 have exercised their option and extended their deal for 2 more years through 2025. They are now entering a 12 month exclusive negotiation period for a longer term deal beyond that. Clearly it’s driving the necessary subscriptions for Stan for 9 to want longer terms with RA.

5 Likes

Rugby Australia boss Hamish McLennan has confirmed to The Sunday Telegraph that that he is talking to Nine about a new blockbuster game called State of the Union, featuring best 30 rugby union players in the country (split into Probables and Possibles) competing for Wallabies jerseys. The first game could happen in 2025 before the British and Lions tour of Australia.

https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/nrl/saint-sinner-shoosh-wests-tigers-legend-robbie-farah-banned-from-working-with-bookie/news-story/86ecdd42e77656956c964cbe43c914ce

2 Likes

Super rugby bumped to 9Go! in NSW and QLD because of NRL and Coronation.

4 Likes

Looks the same.

2 Likes

As in quality?

1 Like

Stan has extended its broadcast deal with Rugby Australia

3 Likes

Update - confirmed

5 Likes

It would be good if Stan could get the URC as well

3 Likes

As well as the HSBC World Rugby Sevens Series and Sevens World Cup (both of which are with beIN currently).

2 Likes

Plus the EPCR Challenge and Champions Cup. Bein Sports’ coverage is a disgrace just one semi final was shown.

1 Like