Nine Sports Broadcasting

Considering the ratings the NBL gets, that wouldn’t be feasible

Because Nine will show the Australian Open tennis on Nine, 9GO! and 9Gem.

Apparently Nine are using multi channels and will be using 9Now for live streams courts.
So if NBL gets 9Go! Is means when there’s no NBL during tennis, the channel can still show younger skewing TBBT and movies.

Maybe. But in terms of majors, Aus Open and NRL is still all they’ve got.

9Life? Your Money will probably just be showing repeats on Saturday and Sunday afternoon so it could also be available.

I don’t think Your Money is allowed to carry sports under the contract between Nine and Sky News.

You don’t know that and I don’t know that. You could be right, but it could also be that Nine could use it for sport on the weekend. But we don’t know.

And the Ashes from England exclusive in 2019.

3 Likes

I do wish Nine would be handling the production side of things instead of the NBL. As mentioned earlier in this thread, the NBL do an average job of it at best. Leave TV production to the people who do this stuff all the time and know what they’re doing.

Besides that, it’s an alright deal. You’d want to hope that at the very least, playoff games are put on Nine where people can see it in HD.

As long as they don’t clash with the opening rounds of Suncorp Super Netball.

Don’t think it’s been confirmed yet how many channels Nine will be using for their coverage and in what capacity

1 Like

They’re definitely using at least two of their channels, they’ve said.

That’s a given considering the need for an ‘overflow’ channel when Nine goes to the 6pm news.

1 Like

Find it interesting that the Herald Sun have a piece in today’s paper about which games 9Go are airing, despite the NBL not actually allocating time slots yet. Interesting.

2 Likes

perhaps WNBL might be on Nine too. It would be a huge coup if Nine can secure the rights to the WNBL as well.

This could create a women’s and men’s basketball doubleheader on weekend daytime on 9GO!.

2 Likes

SUNCORP SUPER NETBALL GRAND FINAL

WEST COAST FEVER V SUNSHINE COAST LIGHTNING: 1.00PM SUNDAY ON NINE

The Sunshine Coast Lightning will learn if lightning can strike twice when the 2017 champions meet the West Coast Fever in the Suncorp Super Netball Grand Final at Perth Arena this Sunday at 1.00pm on Nine.

The Lightning advanced to the season decider after beating the Giants 59-50 in the preliminary final at the weekend at Qudos Bank Arena.

Lightning’s defence was electric, with international superstars Karla Pretorius and Geva Mentor too strong for the Giants, and with seven intercepts Pretorius clinched the Nissan MVP award.

The Giants said goodbye to quality players Susan Pettit and Bec Bulley as they bowed out of the competition.

Though West Coast Fever have the home town advantage on Sunday, the Sunshine Coast Lightning have proved that you can’t underestimate the away team by winning their last two matches as the visitors.

In the lead-up to the Grand Final, Liz Ellis , former Australian captain and Nine’s expert netball analyst, said: “After an exhilarating finals series, the Grand Final promises to bring exceptional skills and big moments as these teams produce a heart-stopping battle for the trophy.

“What a showdown. We’ll see one of the best shooters in the competition, Jhaniele Fowler from the Fever, up against Commonwealth Games gold medallist and defensive dynamo, Geva Mentor.

“The Lightning have had a strong finals campaign and the Fever have had an extra week to prepare. The anticipation for this match-up is huge and I’m eager to see every player leave it all on the court.”

Ellis will be joined by netball legends Sharelle McMahon , Sue Gaudion and Cath Cox .

Suncorp Super Netball will also be broadcast via 9Now, Telstra TV and the Netball Live app.

Fans will get all the latest news at Netball news, highlights, replays & breaking headlines – Wide World of Sports.

SUNCORP SUPER NETBALL BROADCAST:

Date/Time Grand Final Channel
Sunday, August 26, at 1.00pm AEST West Coast Fever v Sunshine Coast Lightning NINE

** Please check local guides for details.

1 Like

The Suncorp Super Netball grand final between the Fever and the Lightning will be shown live on main channel in WA. As the result, the Sunday AFL Footy Show moves to 9Gem for this Sunday only.

1 Like

I do have a question that some may feel is a silly one, but I will ask it anyway.

Does anyone know if Channel 9 is intending to return The Cricket Show this year (or is legally able to) despite not having the rights to the cricket? I just thought its something they could air once a week from second Sunday in October through til the mid March at 5:30pm (the final few episodes in NSW and QLD could move to Gem as well as maybe whilst the Summer of Tennis interferes in it screening on the main channel)

I doubt it.

Probably more like a “The Tennis Show”. Or maybe “The NBL Show”.

Surprised they haven’t done “The Netty Show”. Oh wait…

5 Likes

Unless Nine gets a sponsor to cover the full cost I can’t see why they would bother.