Nine (Southern Cross)

SCA just used the proper 9 Sponsor Board graphics, but with their SCA normal V/O and audio jingle.

1 Like

While would be preferable if SCA also used Nine’s Sponsor Billboard music, at least that’s a start! :slight_smile:

Yeah, it’s a good start.
It’s weird that they’ve changed to the proper graphics, but not the audio.

1 Like

A bit of inconsistency from SCA here.

Both of these aired on SCA Nine today within an hour of each other.

2 Likes

20 to One themed lineup shown earlier today.

3 Likes

Gee , 1 hr of ads including the ads between the ads.

1 Like

I love cross-armed opposites!

2 Likes

First time I’ve seen the new TDT logo in use on-air

5 Likes

The question to ask is… Why? Why on earth are they using that monstrosity as opposed to just using the on air Brand of Nine?

3 Likes

Makes no sense. It would be like Nine using their internal call sign GCQ-9 in sponsorship promos for Nine Gold Coast.

1 Like

Perhaps because WIN (remember, TDT is a joint venture) still want some control of the branding?

1 Like

This blurb about it has a TDT TEN logo.

http://goo.gl/zLb6y3 (PDF)

[quote=“AlanCramer, post:1399, topic:1198, full:true”]The question to ask is… Why? Why on earth are they using that monstrosity as opposed to just using the on air Brand of Nine?
[/quote]Probably because of WIN I’d say. We all know WIN despise Channel 9 so they made this logo to use in place of the ‘proper’ logo.

At the very least, they could’ve come up with a better logo if they really had to opt not to use the actual ‘9’ logo.

1 Like

‘TDT10’ no longer exists. Someone clearly didn’t get the memo. :grin::stuck_out_tongue:

that pdf might have been created before July :wink:

2 Likes

A bit of trivia, eleven years ago tonight when southern cross ten introduce the star…

4 Likes

Was that the same time Southern Cross Television (Tasmania, Port Pirie/Broken Hill) introduced the star too their logo as well?

Pretty sure it was. Prior to that SC Tas was using the Tiger logo which they changed to in September 2001 as I remember it was during the week of the September 11 terror attacks.

As for the TDT logo, it’s such a mess at the moment, half the online TV guides (including YourTV-TheFIX) have the old TDT10 logo yet have the Nine programs listed. It looks really odd on that page because TDT (and 9 programs) are listed right down near the bottom) but up the top they have 9Gem, 9Now, 9Go! and WIN (with 10 programming).
The new TDT logo looks terrible too and nobody would know that it is for the TV station when it looks like that.

1 Like

I’m pretty sure the “tiger” logo for Southern Cross was introduced early in 2000 roughly coinciding with Seven’s “ribbon” logo change which was on New Year’s Eve/Day. Its first implementation featured the five colour bar which Seven was using at that time.

YouTube: Dan Martin, summerwind1974

1 Like

Hmmm… so it was, I wonder what else it was that happened that week. I was sure there was a change to Southern Cross’ broadcasting or something. Ah well. The Wikipedia article for SC does also confirm the switch to the star logo in 2005.