Nine (Southern Cross)

Yep, I notice any questions about Tasmania or WA that get asked on the Nine on 5 facebook page get ignored.

South Australia as well.

Something I noticed while up in North East Victoria over the weekend - the SCA 9Gem feed breaks out of the dirty feed from GTV Melbourne during commercial breaks, breaking in for programmes.

However, they seem to break out again suddenly whenever a 9Gem ident airs, replacing it with a dodgy promo for The Briefcase which I didnā€™t get a chance to record, or for a pre-2015 styled Gem ident (the dot-less ones WIN used to run).

2 Likes

I hate how regional South Australia has been effectively abandoned by SCA with no changes to LCNs or multichannels. They should have moved Nine to 5xx LCNs and Ten to 8xx LCNs to be in line with all other Nine and Ten programming. Plus, neither 9Life or 9HD will be launched in the area either. :angry:

1 Like

9Life Wollongong and 9Life Sydney are showing different programming. Right now Wollongong has The Bachelorette on whereas Sydney has Rehab Addict and then Flip or Flop. I assume SC is showing the episodes that they missed during the downtime?

1 Like

Does anyone know what SCA plan to do with channel 54 in Northern NSW ?

What do you mean?

It looks like itā€™s going to be that YES Shop channel, which is on 55 in most other regions.

Of course!
Nice of them to do that for the viewers who wanted to watch The Bachelorette.

Although, they probably should have advertised it better, as the people who wanted to watch it probably didnā€™t know it was on tonight.

I was watching 9Life this morning and they showed the metro lineup for tonight listing Rehab Addict, etc. with no mention of The Bachelorette airing

More confusion for regional viewers.

1 Like

Like this?

I would like to think you will listen to your viewers and stop playing politicsā€¦bring 9 life to Tasmania or you will find many viewers tuning out from your station as there is not much else to watch! Foxtel is calling.

WINā€™s reply.

The 9Life program channel can no longer be broadcast by the WIN Network as our affiliation agreement from July 1 is with the Ten network. TDT now carries Nine programming, however at this stage this only includes the primary channel plus Go and GEM ā€¦ negotiations for 9Life are continuing.

Nice to hear that negotiations for bringing 9Life to viewers still missing out is continuing. :yum:

If I were the admin for either network I would be so fed up with the same questions, Iā€™d end up turning into the biggest smart arse in replies

1 Like

Yeah, I bet negotiations are really continuing, not. :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

NOTE: Donā€™t give them admin of SCA9 or WIN socials.

Being an admin of a relatively high-liked facebook page, itā€™s pretty annoying, because you think they know everything - but you gotta think about it in their POV. They are confused and you have to assume when you reply, these people know nothing - obviously you canā€™t do it in a condescending way, always keep professionalism to a high.

5 Likes

Heard an ad on radio last night advertising ā€œ9Life now available on channel 54ā€.

This mornings bitrates now that 9Life is live:
9HD: 5.328 Mbps
9SD: 3.831 Mbps
9Gem: 3.778 Mbps
9Go!: 3.771 Mbps
9Life: 1.767 Mbps
YesShop: 1.100 Mbps
Aspire: 1.101 Mbps

I wonder why they decided to go with MPEG 4 for 9Life in contrast to metro areas where it is MPEG2.

Now people with the tvā€™s that canā€™t pick it up will be further annoyed ! lolā€¦

1 Like

Yeah, you make a good point.

Keeping YesShop and Aspire as MPEG4.
They could have easily dropped 9SD, 9Gem and 9Go! down to 3.3 Mbps and fit 9Life in as MPEG2 also using 3.3 Mbps.

Anyone know the bitrates that Nine use in metro areas?

Currently

Nine 4.02
9Go 3.64
9Life 3.53
9HD 3.50
9GEM 3.02
Extra 1.76

1 Like

I think it is good that they are embracing MPEG-4 though.

3 Likes

Why does the SD channel have a higher bitrate ?