Nine (Southern Cross)

I looks like if you have a non-MPEG 4 tuner - you will be able to watch GEM on 90 but a newer tuner will default to 9HD. So some people will be getting 9GEM just not on the promised LCN 81.

Yep! Same here I’m assuming.

Two TVs are showing the same for 5, 51, etc.

But one is showing 50 as 9HD, other showing 50 as 9Gem

Nine did a last minute deal for Tasmania with WIN/SCA for 20% of revenue, but negotiations for reg WA was still on-going last night. Launch parties interrupted the proceedings. Mitch Fifield called some TV executives yesterday and applied some pressure, reports The Australian.
http://www.theaustralian.com.au/business/media/lastminute-deal-keeps-nine-network-in-tasmania/news-story/9bb580ff1cc61719d5d15a3e90770cfd

1 Like

Anyone here from regional WA ? Can screencap the black screen in 45 mins.

Will it go blank, or will it go to a placeholder?

1 Like

See WIN thread. Might launch after all.

3 Likes

TV has put 9HD and 9Life in the 300 range.
Reset the Mystar box and it’s all fine.
050 9HD
052 9Gem
053 9Go
054 9Life

080 WIN HD
081 One
082 Eleven
:smile: Mystar only has Prime7 with region name Orange.

1 Like

Not sure if it helps with determining dirty/clean feed.

But i noticed when going to ad break that the 9 fades while the HD bug stays until the ad break starts.

Also after break HD comes up as watermark while 9 is still a coloured logo during animation.

I think that is a 9 bug as it happens in Brisbane and the Gold Coast as well - not sure about Sydney.

1 Like

SCA must be doing something.

My TV (on LCN 50) has gone to a solid white image.

SC seem to be broadcasting 9Gem and 9HD both on 50.

See several posts above

I must say seeing 9HD it looks so crisp and clear the 9hd logo looks so defined. Better looking than when WIN HD had 9 programming.
Well done Southern Cross

3 Likes

Helps when you don’t have to cover ::: 9 :wink:

3 Likes

SCA nineon5 launch in Cairns, on Twitter.

1 Like

4mins till blank ? for regional WA.

1 Like

So, is it blank? I can’t check :stuck_out_tongue:

The HD logo went missing while watching Extra still not showing on home shopping but Nine logo looks very sharp.

1 Like

Darwin had the same issue where the HD bug wouldn’t show. May not be a SC feed issue.

Infomercials on at the moment. Nine Sydney has HD bug, but SC Nine Wollongong doesn’t.

2 Likes