Nine Radio (Talk)

I’d like Alan to jump over to 2sm, just to shake things up a bit in Sydney. From left field I hope George and Paul too go to 2SM. They could also recruit Stuart Bocking, Mike Jeffreys, & John Stanley. But I think I am dreaming.

Is Stuart Bocking on radio anywhere? He was a big loss to the airwaves when 2UE went to TL.

1 Like

He moved on as producer for Ray Hadley. Lasted only a short while, can only guess what happened! I believe Stuart is now working the finance industry but could be wrong. Obviously waiting for the opportunity to return to the airwaves.

2 Likes

I wonder if Murray Wilton would be the same? He’s certainly been getting a good run on Sydney TV in his role for the RAS over recent days!

1 Like

Stuart went on to be media advisor to Deputy Premier John Barilaro. As far as I know, he still is.

1 Like

After the election Bocking has been given a promotion. Today’s SMH:

2 Likes

Apparently Merrick Watts is doing a short stint on 2GB next week. :face_with_monocle:

https://www.2gb.com/ray-hadley-welcomes-merrick-watts-to-2gb-years-after-their-prank-wars/

Why does Ray need to welcome him? Opps I forgot he is the real boss. :blush:

1 Like

They were good over summer but this morning’s show had me rolling my eyes.

They had listeners call in with their blood group based on a report that most people don’t know what group they are. Pointless. I would much rather have heard opinions on Barry Humphries’ name being dumped fro the MICF award.

The real clanger was the Notre Dame fire being likened to the loss of the MCG in a similar circumstance. I turned off after that.

Wrong comparison. It should have been likened to the loss of either St Paul’s Cathedral or St Patrick’s Cathedral.

Blasphemy. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: Every talkback radio fan knows that Sport is the number one religion in Australia. :wink:

1 Like

Stupid but not surprising. The obsession with sport :roll_eyes:

2 Likes

They should have compared it to the destruction of Allianz Stadium in Moore Park.

Oh wait…

The torching of Cumberland Oval.

1 Like

Former Ray Hadley panel operator Chris Bowen is apparently planning on taking legal action against the shock jock for alleged bullying, The Australian is reporting, with Bowen hiring a workplace lawyer to handle his case.

3 Likes

Good!

Tony Jones is filling in for Neil Mitchell this morning.

2 Likes

MRN’s workplace bully in chief is back calling league this Easter Monday. Opening of new Parramatta stadium, so ‘had’ to be there didn’t he?

It was a good show.

1 Like

Good to hear Ian MacRae still doing the traffic on 2GB this afternoon.

1 Like

He was back on his morning show, too. I tuned in hoping to hear John Stanley but turned off after I heard bully boy.

1 Like