Nine Radio (Talk)

The Ray Hadley bullying story airs tonight on 7.30.

3 Likes

…and it seems like Andrew Moore is another one who complained about Ray Hadley’s behaviour:

Darryl Brohman and Hadley have had a rough relationship. Hadley was dirty on Brohman (and many other people) when after 2GB purchased exclusive NRL radio rights in 2000 and Brohman left 2UE for 2GB, iirc. It was some years before Brohman was back with Hadley, but according to Brohman, Hadley has always bullied him. SMH 2016:

3 Likes

Watching this ray Hadley thing now… hopefully it’s a good hit job and destroys his career but won’t be holding my breath.

1 Like

This is horrific to watch. It’s gut wrenching to see people treated like this. He needs to be made accountable.

3 Likes

I agree - he does need to be made accountable for his actions, he does deserve to go. But the problem is, he makes them money. There’s no heir apparent that could pull in the same ratings and revenue he does.

1 Like

Even Andrew Moore has spoken out against Hadley.

As seen on 730.

He’s vile and really destroying people’s lives yet is allowed to get away with it. And he moralizes on the radio every day with his extreme right wing views. What a fucking hypocrite.

Yeah I really like Andrew Moore, I was sad to see how work affected so adversely. I choose to listen to his coverage.

I think these problems happen in a lot of workplaces, no easy solutions as everyone wants to keep thier job, including the managers. At least Ray made some sort acknowledgement in the past he did wrong.

It easy for me to say but the manager needs real power to do something. If in 1984 someone sacked Ray for breaking the phone then he may be a bit more careful to think before he acts.

1 Like

I completely agree that the Macquarie Radio Network/Nine needs to sack Ray Hadley. Heck, I’d even go as far as saying that Todd Greenberg should take a stand by no longer allowing Ray Hadley to be associated with the NRL - such a bullying broadcaster surely must go against everything the NRL wants to promote the game of rugby league as?

But remembering this is the same radio station which continues to give Alan Jones a platform despite being involved in numerous controversies and even breaches of the Commercial Radio Code of Practice over the years, I won’t be holding my breath for any major consequences to come out of this.

1 Like

Will be interesting if Stuart Bocking has something to say also. Like Hadley ruined his career in radio.

Andrew Moore is getting a lot of support on Twitter, including from this genuinely nice guy who formerly worked at both 2UE and 2GB.

6 Likes

So let me get this straight, talented broadcasters have either left or have previously been sacked, yet f**kwits like him and Jones remain for doing shit that is pretty much bordering on abuse in society?

2GB really is a bunch of stubborn pricks.

2 Likes

Jones and Hadley are the real bosses. Even Scott Morrison wouldn’t stand up to him when queried by Sales.

I’m surprised we haven’t heard from Andrew Voss.

1 Like

Has Jones been accused of being a workplace bully so to speak? Andrew Moore said some nice words on his departure from 2gb. I believe John Laws too is nice to his staff, and the late Stan I think was good his staff. I am only a listener so I dont know for sure.

Although they have clashed egos with other radio stars. They all would of got angry though at times being under pressure to perform I guess it is natural.

That’s all well and good and expected. The point is whatever else they alleged did to the other colleagues are unwarranted, in every way possible. You can’t just have them behaving badly to other colleagues just because they’re under pressure.

1 Like

I agree Tom. I think if I came back in my next life psychology would be interesting to study, why people behave in certain ways. BTW i tried to listen to Ray for a bit, he did not seem to comment further today. Be interesting if someone has listen to all of Ray. I may have missed it.

Alleged scientist and economist Ray Hadley this morning:

More bullshit that makes no sense and doesn’t have any factual backing. Pure uninformed opinion.

2 Likes

A current 2GB employee has lodged a bullying complaint against Ray Hadley for an alleged incident that happened in 2016 (one of many), which was after Hadley’s declaration in 2013 that he had modified his behaviour.

1 Like