Nine Radio (Talk)

Today during the afternoon Grubby and Dee Dee on 2gb , seem to be based from 3aw and use the phone number 131332 not 131873.

2gb is also lifestyle radio at times. I am surprised they don’t have more talkback on 2gb after the change at 2ue. Steven Price is mostly lifestyle radio after 9pm. I do miss Mike Jefferys.

Was not aware that they were being carried outside of 3AW!

Weren’t they on 4BC at one point?

Edit: they are syndicated on Saturday 4-6pm

https://www.fxrs.com.au/programming-and-services/Weekend-Break

As of yesterday, Ben Fordham’s drive program is being heard into 4BC in place of the station’s only remaining local shift, meaning that it’s now a 100% relay station of 2GB. No word on whether it’s permanent or just temporary.

This also means that 2GB, now the only general commercial talk station in Sydney since 2UE went with a lifestyle format, is now not fully local for Sydney. By contrast, 3AW & 6PR are mostly local for each relevant city, same for Nova Entertainment-owned 5AA.

Source: Radio Today

It would appear that Ben Fordham was filling in just for yesterday.

Thanks for helping a brother out @BenFordham #BrisbaneLive #SydneyLive
Back on deck tomorrow @NewsTalk4BC

— Ben Davis (@BenDavis74) October 31, 2016

4BC also has a local real estate show on Saturday mornings and still takes 2UE programming on Sunday night.

1 Like

Brisbane’s 4BC - Now live on 873 2GB

It’s 4 past 7 in Sydney and 4 past 6 in Brisbane.

Annoying.

1 Like

Testing the water maybe to see what the reaction was? You’d have thought they could have drafted in someone local to cover yesterday

1 Like

Yes, I’m sure Kim Mothershaw would be available or Chris Adams.

1 Like

Tony Moclair whilst talking initials, referred to ‘3AW, 2UE and 4GB and whatever else there is…’.

Even the on air staff are broadcasting what a laughing stock 4BC is.

3 Likes

The new 2UE Studios seem to be up and running and look great. Glad to see the end of the pokey temporary studio.

It’s a shame 2ue dab is still mono. Use to sound great when they were at Gore Hill.

The first cricket test between Australia and South Africa is currently broadcast on NTS on digital radio in Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane and Perth, as well as nationwide on Cricket Australia website. I think the match would warrant live coverage at least in Perth on 6PR.

Remember When will be a special edition tonight on 3AW.

Celebrating 6 decades of HSV-7 (Seven Network), with special guest John Deeks (voice of Ch 7 & one of the longest serving employees).

2 Likes

Love to know anyone who actually listens to Fairfax cricket, Only ever hear people listening to the ABC on the radio.

Well I listen a bit. But I think Macquarie Radio will not renew the international cricket when the contract is up? Only the BBL. My gut feel.

After I posted I found it in the car and had a listen for 10 mins or so, ads are quite off putting, leaves less time for analysis. Doesn’t help that I wouldn’t listen to NTS for anything else so it’s not preset like ABC Grandstand and searching dab+ whilst driving isn’t overly friendly. Bits I heard with Tim Lane and Dean Jones (both former ABC mind you) and one other bloke sounded pretty good.

Over the past few years, I’ve listened in equal amounts to both the ABC and Fairfax/Macquarie. While I’ve found both to be really good offerings, I have gravitated towards listening to ABC’s coverage towards the end of Summer and into this first test. The revamp they did last Summer with the new co-commentators they brought in like Chris Rogers has significantly enhanced their coverage

1 Like

I switch between ABC and Macquarie. They’re both pretty good imo.

I’d love to know how many people - especially in regional centres - will listen to MCricket instead of the ABC during the Boxing Day and New Years Test that SCA are insisting the regional Triple M stations take. I will be scurrying for the digital radio and streaming sites during those days.

I don’t think I will be, work for example will probably switch to the (s)Hit branded SCA station. Tried listening to it a couple of seasons ago and struggled to listen through the ads.