Nine Radio (Talk)

Marko & Ox should host 3AW’s WWOS. I know Nine preferred one host only, but it’d be great for them.

3 Likes

I suspect they want it to be a more serious and respected sport news show which is why Sam McClure is an obvious choice.

Ox and Marko would be great though if jovial and fun was the aim. Which Twilight Zone and their SEN program always was.

3 Likes

Maybe if Tony threw in some angry man upper inflections it might entice you to listen? But as you said, each to their own opinion.

1 Like

Whilst it’s already been announced that Jacqui Felgate will join 3AW Football in 2023, her exact role hasn’t been mentioned until now, with the Herald Sun’s Media Street column reporting that she will host the Friday Night Football pre-game show.

It’s also reported that Sam McClure will host a Sunday afternoon football show, in addition to Wide World of Sports.

4 Likes

Normally the main caller (Tim Lane or Bruce Eva) will host the Friday pre-game show, so the move allows them to save their voices for the match commentary.

2 Likes

Looks like 4BC will get a new 11am show with Bill McDonald once daylight savings commences, (because Ray Hadley’s program will finish 11am QLD time).

2 Likes

Why can’t Sofie do four hours like she did for six
months the most recent daylight saving season?

4RO will take the program.

1 Like

That will be interesting given he also presents Saturday and Sunday breakfast. Unless he pre-records one or two of the 11am shows a week, or they place a new person on Weekend Breakfast, he’ll be essentially working every day of the week.

1 Like

Another from the boys club for sure will cover his gap.

Back in the first summer of Nine returning local programming, Bill would do three or four days and Olympia Kwitowski the rest. She seemed quite good, have seen her host a few events and reads the room well.

I wonder why Scott Emerson was not chosen for the new role ?

2 Likes

Apart from the Today show, is Scott on anything anymore?

1 Like

John Stanley Wednesday nights for an hour.

Regular on Spencer Howson weekends. Audiences have heard they have coffee together at St Lucia shops near the uni.

2 Likes

Seems the idea of a live camera from OB’s is no longer a thing since the new system. A shame, would be good to see them live in the truck broadcasting.

Another great week of survey break fill-ins on AW.

Heidi excellent on Drive.
Elise always amazing on Afternoons.
TJ did a great job on Mornings.

Loved Jimmy Bartel on Breakfast, but I would’ve preferred him to be paired with Mark Allen. Just didn’t feel the vibe with Jacqui Felgate.

3 Likes

Tonight is Gerard Healy’s last Sportsday on 3AW. I assume for the remaining five weeks of the program, Sam McClure will co-host with different guest co-hosts.

3 Likes

It’s strange that Gerard finished last night on 3AW even though the new WWOS radio show doesn’t start for another month.

1 Like

The syndication website describes the show as “designed for listeners who want a morning of entertainment and information”. Leaving aside the fact that describing it as “a morning of” for a one-hour show is stretching it a bit, I do wonder if this might be some sort of pilot for a possible return to local mornings on 4BC and Hadley being dropped from the station at some point.

1 Like

Can only hope so. His show is irrelevant. Would have no show if not for NSW police media. Then indulges in rambles about country music, his grandchildren and of course his new bride, former secretary.

How it rates so well in Brisbane is testament to the large rump of >65’s that push up the share and TSL. They’re retired, clearly without much taste or critical thinking and listen to the entire three hours.

Hopefully Neil Breen will move to mornings when Hadley retires in 2024 when 70 as he has committed to before.

Breen is a stirrer but will do well on the level of news Queensland audiences are seeking (not a great deal).

Would like to see a more entertainment based drive show to bookend drive audiences. Laurel, Gary & Mark at breakfast and then perhaps Greg Martin will finally move to 4BC or perhaps Luke Bradnam and Mal Lees reunite?

1 Like

Once Ray retires 4BC would have a local mornings show but i can’t see it happening before then. I don’t think Ray has many years to go before he retires to be honest.

3 Likes

Is he actually going to follow through with that. He’s not the type of guy to give up that “power” easily.

1 Like