Nine Radio (Talk)

Hopefully not Pearsall. He was a nutter.

Why not give someone fresh ago?

What about Shane McInnis? Heā€™s not calling football at the moment. Could be good.

Donna Domaio from the newsroom would be good. Or Scorcher from the breakfast show?

1 Like

I have to admit that I was surprised that Tony Moclair was offered his gig back as Michael McLaren is extremely popular in Sydney and Brisbane but having said that it probably makes sense to have a local on weekends as well. But agree NOT Pearsall. I was a listener from time to time but got sick of listeners sending cheerios to one another and prayers and there was that nauseating woman (Helen) from Nhil.

1 Like

Mediaweek reports Tony Moclair had to broadcast from his home this morning after undergoing testing for coronavirus. Moclair was this week contacted by health officials as he had attended a venue at which it was later discovered that someone had COVID-19.

1 Like

Probably why we could see the good doctor but not Moclair. Only listened for a short time.

1 Like

Chris Smith filled in for Alan Jones this morning, saying that Alan ā€˜felt poorlyā€™. Make of that what you will.

2 Likes

3AW news bulletins have dropped the headlines. Itā€™s straight to the content after the weather, time and short greeting.

Andrew McLaren is filling in for Denis Walter on 3AW tonight (4/5).

3 Likes

So back to the old format.
It was pretty unnecessary for it to be introduced in the first place.

2 Likes

Neil Mitchell apologised to his neighbours when beginning his show this morning as a generator was powering his equipment.

Neil has mentioned in the past that he lived in apartment, wonder if thatā€™s still the case?

His power was out?

1 Like

I loved the headlines at the start of the bulletin.

Also donā€™t like them saying ā€˜thatā€™s the latest news and sportā€™ at the end? Why not just This is 9NEWS?

1 Like

No Neil owns a house. Always has as far as I know

Apartment you may be thinking of Derryn Hinch

1 Like

Neil used to own a home in Malvern East, which was being used for the filming of Five Bedrooms season 2.

In other news, Mark Allen (who co-hosts The Twilight Zone with David Schwarz on 3AW on Saturdays), had been given the all clear for the second time, after scans revealed the latest tumour in his good lung, which was discovered in October last year, had now disappeared.

3 Likes

Yeah but I donā€™t believe that he lives in an apartment. I thought the house used in Five Bedrooms was his old house from a number of years ago? He now lives in another house and has for a while I believe.

1 Like

ā€œDownsizedā€ to a townhouse last year.

2 Likes

That explains it! I couldnā€™t see him living in an apartment haha

1 Like

Thanks all and thanks @webguy, thatā€™s the article I read mention of this last year.

3 Likes

Didnā€™t see this coming:

According to The Daily Telegraph, Ben Fordham will replace him only for 2GB listeners. This is because:

2 Likes

Includes audio of Alan Jonesā€™ announcement and tributes from his boss Tom Malone, Nine chairman Peter Costello and CEO Hugh Marks.
1 Like