Nine Radio (Talk)

Lang suing the Tele, what a laugh!

Besides not giving him a right of reply (and News’ defence will ask if Lang requested one), they’ve covered the story in the way they usually do of businesses in turmoil.

Lang would be concerned about his reputation if he was looking for a new job, which I guess he’s concerned he will be doing with Nine acquire MRN.

Perhaps the feedback hasn’t been good already for him however, who in business would believe the Tele? It’s their usual smear style, many of the calibre Lang is hoping would hire him have likely experienced similar or have associates who have and therefore would dismiss this.

One thing’s for sure, the acquisition of MRN will soak up a lot of Nine’s time.

1 Like

Alan Jones up to his old tricks again.

Puff price in today’s Age re Dr Sally Cockburn. Make it year round in NTS outside of sporting commitments.

1 Like

From The Australian via Radioinfo:

Mark Carnegie has agreed to sell his stake in Macquarie Media to Nine, a move that will allow the new owner to compulsorily acquire all the remaining shares.

Read more here.

1 Like

The Courier Mail reports that Ben Fordham’s drive program will start broadcasting into Brisbane as of this week.

SYDNEY broadcaster Ben Fordham will take over Brisbane’s 4BC drive timeslot this week after the network axed Mark Braybrook’s locally produced show a fortnight ago.

Macquarie Media will announce today that Ben Fordham Live , which began in Sydney in 2011, will air on 4BC on weekdays from 2pm to 5pm, starting tomorrow, confirming Braybrook’s departure.

With daylight savings starting today - all program shifts are now airing one hour earlier as per previous years.

2 Likes

In that article Fordham indicates that what appears on 4BC will not always be a straight simulcast of his 2GB program, with presumably some of it being pre-recorded during the breaks on 2GB.

1 Like

It’s the end of Macquarie radio as a separate business.

1 Like

Good!

1 Like

New Logos for the Talkback Stations I hope.

693 9Talk and News coming soon then

Just take on the 9GB moniker

And why stop there? Hello 9AW, 9BC, 9PR (which, presumably, is allowed to read out Nine press releases verbatim)

Wide World Of Sports Radio just seems too clunky to me though.

Just call it WWOS, pronounced wah-wuss.

1 Like

MacQuarie has Lost Faith in Brisbane Radio, Seriously, Not One Local Program Left on the Station and Mark Braybrook Deserved to Stay.

@TheStyles83 you were doing so well up to Mark Braybrook deserving to stay.

He made no improvement to ratings. The last drive personality to do so was Gary Hardgrave in 2013.

Amen to that brother… he is a not a very nice man both as a operations manager and as a people person, and I think Ben Davis was far better.

1 Like

Staff turnover was high, that’s usually indication of some reason incentivising staff to move on.

1 Like

Good. Must’ve enjoyed enough wining and dining with NEC to be convinced?

Wilton is back - has a regular spot.

2 Likes