Nine Radio (Talk)

Maybe losing listeners to Luke
Bona on the M’s.

1 Like

Fox Sports reports that Matt Granland, one of the many suddenly let go by Craig HutchinSEN, has joined 3AW as a football caller this year. Very pleased to see it didn’t take him long to land a new gig

3 Likes

Matt Granland will be a good replacement for Michael Christian who is now working full time on AFL match review panel.

2 Likes

Is there a reason that MRN still hasn’t tied all the station logos together? It’s almost as bad a SCA creating a National Triple M/Hit brands and then keeping some original station names and logo. All in or don’t bother changing.

Natalie Peters in PeyongChang for the network.

That’s a shame, are you positive he won’t be calling at all? I saw him as late as last year’s finals in their OB when I went to the RICH v GWS prelim.

He is one of my favourite callers and was too when he was at Ten for 10 years. Such an exciting and strong voice, particularly when big marks / goals happen.

NB/
He called weight lifting with Rob Waters at Delhi 2010 Comm Games for Ten.

He’s the match review panel now. The sole member for all 9 games. Agree, for a former player he makes a good play by play caller.

1 Like

You are talking about Australian commercial media. Everything is done half-arsed.

Plus, you’re not allowed to call a station Talking Shit 873. :laughing:

1 Like

There’s a petition started on Change.org to restore 4BC and 4BH in Brisbane to their former selves. I didn’t start it, but I’ll be sure to sign it! The petition is asking for locally sourced content on both stations and for 4BH to be returned to an AC/Easy Listening station with a similar format to Smooth FM - something that is missing from Brisbane airwaves. 4BH rated very well in the mid-2000’s with a Smooth FM format.

The petition can be found here:
https://www.change.org/p/macquarie-media-limited-localradiomatters-revive-4bc-and-4bh-as-strong-locally-sourced-radio-stations?recruiter=856162687&utm_source=share_petition&utm_medium=copylink&utm_campaign=share_petition

5 Likes

Andrew Bolt and Steve Price have been getting pretty ratty of each other over recent nights… is it the hot weather? Or just their difference in opinion over the Deputy PM…?

1 Like

They always have gone ratty at each other.

1 Like

The same guy that went on a sacking spree a few years back.
Hope he has woken up to himself.

2 Likes

You’re kidding, they like his work so much, he’s been given a promotion.

He’s a good puppet for them.

With George and Paul moving to 2GB, I presume it means Luke Grant no longer has a permanent Saturday morning shift?

Also, it means the Continuous Call Team will now start at 1pm on Saturday and Sunday. This was already happening on one of the days but will now be both?

Wouldn’t suspect they’d go for a one hour pre match on Sundays when the 2PM game which they have rights to is on given they suspect many stay for the pre match but not for the call itself.

George Moore did state the footy will not impact their show. Yeah 1 hour lead in time is pretty short especially considering their show gets better rating with just talk.

Yes agree but with so many other listening/watching options 1 hour should be sufficient unless they shove it over to TL but I don’t think that is likely to happen in a hurry.

I wonder if 2cc will extend the weekender show or can we hear the last hour of George and Paul on 2cc.

You’re joking? Kev and Janet, some of the best tightarses in the industry, they wouldn’t do that.

1 Like

Confirmed that Continuous Call will go through to 1pm including during the football.

1 Like