Nine Radio (Music)

Thanks, is that the total of Marcella’s involvement and mentions of Stan? Sharina had been quoted in print somewhere of dedicating the show or an hour to Stan?

Hard to tell as there’s only a few segments available on omny. Her final signoff.

1 Like

Thanks, we better listen quickly, they’re likely to be deleted surely?

No doubt. All the 2UE audio was deleted.

1 Like

Of course, they’d delete the memories of past audiences if they could.

Audience has a long memory.

2 Likes

What hasn’t changed on 954 AM is commercials for Nature Bee, overpriced apartments, free ‘no obligation’ finance & retirement seminars, prostate treatments, and libido enhancement pills.

5 Likes

Vale 2UE - though it’s been dead in many ways ever since Talking Lifestyle started, but the deletion of the audio and removal from the DAB station name would appear to be the final nails in the coffin.

I suspect that we may never see or hear the 2UE callsign ever return.

7 Likes

ABC app just had Australia’s 100th cycling gold medal. Macquarie talking fucking ball tampering and blowing smoke up Shane Warns’s arse yet again!

2 Likes

Ooh, some swimming live. Television commentary doesn’t cut it on radio. Lazy and cheap.

1 Like

I suspect the beginning of the end for 2UE was when the news service closed at 6pm on April 9, 2015. But the final nail in the coffin was probably the relaunch as “2UE Talking Lifestyle” on September 17, 2016 and the subsequent removal of the callsign from the logo/on-air branding “whispers” around Early 2017.

Although it’s disappeared from the internet, I daresay MRN probably still have access to whatever remains of the 2UE archives. I seem to remember Ben Fordham saying on his 2GB show last year that they were fortunate to now have access to 2UE material from The Stan Zemanek show when the station was organising things to mark 10 years since Stan’s death.

3 Likes

I’m just waiting for them to say “and you can see there…”

There was a “keep an eye on the top of the screen” and “watch the world record line”.

Missed another gold at the velodrome whilst replaying the Morton gold.

3 Likes

Also if I were a highly experienced talkback host like John Stanley, Tim Webster or Clinton Maynard, I think I’d feel insulted at the suggestion that somehow I wouldn’t be able to handle many callers for now. Talkback is talkback regardless of the actual topic being discussed and requires the same skills from the host in holding the show together irrespective of whether they’re talking about sport, travel or finance!

1 Like

Seriously they’re STILL talking about that? Dear god.

1 Like

Talkin Sport is best enjoyed in conjunction with the corresponding thread for it on the League Unlimited forums :rofl:

1 Like

One of the first times I capped something from broadcast media. It’s still in my archives.

Anyways, the oldies, hyper masculine, tacky station remains.

The subtitle changes to 1278.
welle-io_2018-04-07_09-53-02

Or maybe i’m just more suited to JOY or triple j…

Not under this owner, but I have faith future owners could change this.

Can you give us a couple of quotes from it?

1 Like

And when the swimming finals were on, ABC had live radio commentary. MSN were just sitting around talking about something irrelevant to the Games.

What a joke they’re turning out to be.

5 Likes

They did take a couple of swimming finals live but it’s just the Seven coverage which doesn’t work on radio. Like what MMM did for Rio. Lazy and cheap.

2 Likes

Although with the declining use of callsigns and increasingly more generic radio brands over the past two or three decades, don’t be overly surprised if even future owners of the station decide not to revive the 2UE callsign.

1 Like