Nine Radio (Music)

Maybe they had technical problems

2 Likes

ACE seem to have a few crossed wires between Magics and 3MP’s playlist. Quite often you will hear a song on Magic and you stop and say “No this does not belong here, it belongs on 3MP and visa versa”.
It has become a very lazy playlist on Magic. So much Music from the 70’s, 80’s 90’s should be being played but high (excessive) rotation reigns supreme. So much potential is lost. We should be waking up to Rocktober this coming Sunday, after all it did used to be a fixture of their licence (3XY). ACE needs to have an evening announcer on Magic.

6 Likes

I didn’t realise that 2UE, 3MP and Magic 1278 didn’t have evenings announcers (I sware they used to), because 4BH still has one. I guess this is one of the cases where Brisbane lucks out because of the high ratings share 4BH has, they can afford to invest up here a bit more (which I’m not always used to because normally Syd/Melb are the top priorities with media and then other states/territories gets whatever resources are left after Syd/Melb are sorted)

7 Likes

Yes 2UE Magic and 3MP initially had evening announcers

5 Likes

Dave Ferguson hosted nights on 2ue did he? Wonder what happened there

He does breakfast on 3MP.

2 Likes

So this Saturday 4BH is doing a ‘themed’ Saturday. 6am to 5pm, all number one classic hits (finishing at 5pm so they can do the daily 5 O’clock Top 10 Countdown). Other than the Easter Countdown, this is the first themed weekend they’ve done that I know of (well just Saturday in this case, but that’s because Sunday has 60s morning, Gavin’s countdown and 70s evening to fill in most of that day).

Hopefully they do more of that, the themed weekends on 4KQ were popular.

5 Likes

Looks like they’ve done a tweak of their presenter schedule too.

Scott Menz now on Mornings plus one of the weekend daytime shifts, with Dom Rinaldo taking over Evenings. Not sure if temporary, or a move to try and make it feel more localised during the daytime.

2 Likes

So yea, that’s happened. On Facebook Mark Taylor (I think) said it was because Emily Canning wanted to cut back her hours to just a Sunday afternoon slot (more time with family or something) and so yea, they moved Scott to mornings and added Dom to nights. This change happened during the last survey break, Scott went from evenings to fill in for BBQ Bob and then never returned to evenings. I think you’ll find 3MP probably also had a presenter change too since I think Emily used to do one of those weekday slots too.

They moved Julie Strini from nights and didn’t replace her.
They’ve also got Dom hosting Sunday night 70s.

4KQ used to do Sundays from 10-6.

Indeed they did. I guess for now 4BH decided since they’d only have 12-5 on Sunday that it wouldn’t be worth it for now, but who knows, the themed weekend thing is only new to them so maybe they’ll expand it to Sunday 12-5 eventually.

1 Like

3mp’s Emily Canning is doing her first Magic 1278 shift this Saturday 12pm-6pm

2 Likes

Word is Shawn Cosgrove has departed from Magic 1278 breakfast. A search of the Magic 1278 web page returns zero results when you input his name. In 2024 could Gavin Wood be about to spin 'em back in?

1 Like

The 2 Gavins on Magic 1278?

Gavin Miller and now Gavin Wood

But far from confirmed that Gavin Wood has accepted the gig.

Perhaps Shaun Cosgrove is just on holidays, likewise Trevor Sinclair. Gavin Wood must be starting to get desperate for work now, perhaps retirement is a better option.

Probably have to keep in mind that the ACE stuff was probably still secondary to Shawn’s continuing work at RSN (presuming he continues with that next year). ACE’s side of the matter aside, it’s possible that there may not be room to continue doing both into 2024 so perhaps parting ways at the end of ratings was a natural point to do so.

1 Like

Rossco, unlike Shawn, Trevor still has his details & bio on the 2UE page.
As a rule of thumb, you can lock it in that if your details disappear off the web page the day you go on holidays, its curtains.

1 Like

Totally agree.