Nine On-Air Presentation

“Oi Kim, Noin Niews is having technikel isssuess, Kim. Come wotch, it’s that spunky Poiter Ouvertun from Sydney!”

17 Likes

The promo acturally has Kath mentioning Peter Overton and Jessica Rowe.

No doubt when Nine discovered it they went straight to this idea.

Ch 9’s HD add-on looks too odd, needs to be more opaque (like Seven’s).

Too ‘fat’ and translucent IMO.

1 Like

I personally prefer the “HD” watermark addition being more transparent, although I would like it if Nine were consistent by having the main logo watermark at a similar level of transparency.

4 Likes

This gigantic The Block promo graphic is disgusting!

1/15th of the screen :expressionless:

How can I possibly enjoy “The Hunt For Red October”?

3 Likes

There’s your answer.

12 Likes

Have to pull you up there, that only supplies recent titles

I haven’t been to a Video Ezy since about 2003

11 Likes

While I agree with your comments about that In-Program Promotional “Watermark” (and I use that term very loosely), hasn’t the movie The Hunt For Red October been repeated infinitely by Nine since the 1990s?

Buy it on DVD.

Looks like 1/14th to me.

3 Likes

I’m surprised people still watch movies on commercial TV.

6 Likes

It was on Ten many years ago, same with Patriot Games.

IMG_0337IMG_0338
Footy show telethon pop up

6 Likes

Darwin Community Noticeboard:

!

I wasn’t sure if 9Life was avaliable in the Darwin market or not (I think initially when the channel began it wasn’t). But I can confirm that Darwin indeed now receives 9Life (and 9HD).

6 Likes

Yu are correct. 9Life didn’t become available in Darwin until sometime this year. 9HD was available from the get-go.

Darwin lineup

11 Likes

Has Nine in Darwin always followed the Sydney schedule? (NRL vs AFL)

Not sure, but in 2005 they started preferencing NRL games over AFL games (and The Footy Shows, according to this article: http://www.smh.com.au/news/League/Darwins-wind-of-change-blows-for-NRL/2005/03/31/1111862534893.html

Sponsor billboards appear to be produced at NTD (at least for now), as all the ones I have seen haven’t been of the best quality, like how the news is in SD only (the billboards also don’t use the 9HD logo). While all other promos and Nine content is in HD where applicable.

Here is an NRL billboard:

6 Likes