Nine On-Air Presentation

Channel 9 in QLD using a new Origin-themed ident
EDIT: YouTube videos don’t show anymore, so:
http://youtu.be/N-wsVi0Nv6c

2 Likes

During last night’s State of Origin decider there was a long promo previewing Nine’s upcoming shows, including The Block, This Time Next Year, Doctor Doctor and the second half of first season of True Story with Hamish and Andy.

2 Likes

Wait a minute? Here on SC9 Orange, it goes the ANW Grand Final, Skyfall then 20/20. That’s odd?

2 Likes

This is taken via Nine perth.

1 Like
2 Likes

Anyone know what is wrong in this promo? :stuck_out_tongue:

14 Likes

Sydney News in Melbourne!! A similar boo boo as when they used the 1970s Ten star logo in Melbourne for Life on Mars instead of using the classic 0 logo.

2 Likes

pushes up glasses

In the lore of Kath&Kim, it is entirely possible for technical difficulties at GTV to mean they switch the feed to TCN.

14 Likes

“Oi Kim, Noin Niews is having technikel isssuess, Kim. Come wotch, it’s that spunky Poiter Ouvertun from Sydney!”

17 Likes

The promo acturally has Kath mentioning Peter Overton and Jessica Rowe.

No doubt when Nine discovered it they went straight to this idea.

Ch 9’s HD add-on looks too odd, needs to be more opaque (like Seven’s).

Too ‘fat’ and translucent IMO.

1 Like

I personally prefer the “HD” watermark addition being more transparent, although I would like it if Nine were consistent by having the main logo watermark at a similar level of transparency.

4 Likes

This gigantic The Block promo graphic is disgusting!

1/15th of the screen :expressionless:

How can I possibly enjoy “The Hunt For Red October”?

3 Likes

There’s your answer.

12 Likes

Have to pull you up there, that only supplies recent titles

I haven’t been to a Video Ezy since about 2003

11 Likes

While I agree with your comments about that In-Program Promotional “Watermark” (and I use that term very loosely), hasn’t the movie The Hunt For Red October been repeated infinitely by Nine since the 1990s?

Buy it on DVD.

Looks like 1/14th to me.

3 Likes