Nine On-Air Presentation

not looking likely to change now unless they do something to launch 2021

1 Like

I’m a tad annoyed Nine let the 50th anniversary of dotty pass without some acknowledgement this year. Logopedia has the Brian Sadgrove designed logo debut date as 9 July 1970. I’m assuming the logo was adopted to give the network stations a uniform look as its debut coincides with the launch of the microwave link that allowed programs to be relayed around the country from coast to coast.

5 Likes

And then there’s that Eddie McGuire helmed period about 13 years ago when Nine infamously lost its balls

2 Likes

Or otherwise known as being desexed.

4 Likes

The good old days.

13 Likes

Hopefully we see the return of the “Still the one” slogan in any future relaunch :heart_eyes:

1977 - Let us Be the One.
1978, 1980-2006 - Still the One.
1979 - We’re the One.
2017-now - We are the One.

what’s next, just “The One”?

5 Likes

I think it was mentioned on TVBlackBox, the Still the One slogan is not popular within 9 and won’t be making a return.

1 Like

It’s a different business these days anyway. No connection to what it used to be.

3 Likes

Even by the 2000s, “Still the One” felt dated.

1 Like

Nine definitely are in need of a refresh, hopefully they will do something to start 2021. would be great if they went with flat logos with colour backgrounds like what 9now uses.

3 Likes

I agree, a change is well overdue. But I have to say, their current package is one of their best. I think it will go down in history as their greatest branding relaunch. The consistency between all their channels is so precise. I absolutely love the PRG and their lineups were great when they still had them.

11 Likes

i agree wa tv videos i like tv prgs

1 Like

The current 9 logo still looks terrible when made flat - if they want to use a flat logo they should revert to the 2001 era logo, with the internal parts rounded rather than squared off. Makes a huge difference imo in how it looks.

7 Likes

Doesn’t that look more dated though?

1 Like

I think @Moe is referring to this one, not the ‘chungus’ one of the 70s/80s/90s.

channel_nine

logo_nine_adelaide channel92 Wide World Of Sports Wide World Of Sports 2

10 Likes

I like the SCA one the best, followed by the orange WWOS one, then the PS one.

1 Like

They should’ve kept that one around longer.

1 Like

The package itself doesn’t look that bad. It’s just the glossy logo that looks the most dated when 9Now and other properties are using the flat logo/more modern looking logos.

The multichannel logos look better by comparison.

3 Likes

Yep - it’s a subtle difference, but I think the logo looks so much nicer for it, especially the weighting with the dots and the 9, compared to the jumbo dots in the screenshot TV Cynic posted above.

1 Like