Nine News Local

Probably quite a bit of frustration in Darwin right now seeing “9 News Queensland” title card appearing on the screen.

2 Likes

Oh no, there is no Darwin news!

2 Likes

As if it wasn’t bad enough, now Brisbane ads.

Ad break starts “there’s only one station that brings you … for Brisbane”.

3 Likes

That’s the pitfall of producing Darwin news from another state. This won’t happen if the bulletin is still produced locally.

3 Likes

NND’s Facebook page has started posting the news windows.

3 Likes

I am not going to speak for Darwin’s audience, I understand that would be difficult, but airing the Brisbane bulletin into regional QLD is perfectly fine, given the circumstances. Viewers wouldn’t be able to tell the difference.

Come on- just last night you were complaining that Melissa should cover the floods and here she is. It is not like the metro and regional bulletins are that different. Only a 7 minute local window.

3 Likes

Melissa cut off mid-sentence to the start of ACA.

While it was unfortunate to get the whole Brisbane bulletin airing locally tonight, the start of the bulletin with Melissa presenting live from Townsville was great to see. For a moment I thought maybe we were starting with Melissa before transferring to the local bulletin.

2 Likes

Darwin is posting the pre-recorded windows, seems like the issues happened last minute

2 Likes

It definitely wasn’t last minute. No local Morning or Afternoon News, no Gold Coast or regional news. Brisbane 6pm was controlled out of TCN.

2 Likes

What equipment went wrong at QTQ then, maybe transmission back to playout centres which sends them to the transmitters?

1 Like

Why? What would be the point of that?

There’s just been an hour of news covering the story comprehensively (regardless of whether it was a metro or regional bulletin) and you want another hour doing exactly the same thing?

If you want to do a special, do it later in the evening so you catch people who weren’t home earlier and when you have some sort of meaningful update.

2 Likes

Maybe around 9pm, I guess?

1 Like

That’s one big reason why i prefer separate local vs national news bulletins, as the metro coverage of major events is much better with more live crosses, better sets, more of the coverage would be in HD, and better quality presenters and reporters.

The local “flavour” of local news comes through much better when it’s in a self contained local bulletin rather than being hidden away in small windows in a networked bulletin.

4 Likes

Local News and Sports windows is bigger for Darwin tonight.

I presume the same was true for all of the RQLD markets too. I assume it’s technically possible for Darwin to opt out of certain content shown to RQLD, but this may be too much of a logistical nightmare.

1 Like

what i wouldnt mind seeing but know 9 dont really care is from 6 pm till 6.30 pm is 9 regional news then 6.30pm to 7pm nine news ( would have to be an edited version ) just like they do with the prime7 news regions

Sunday Mail today

3 Likes

I don’t generally make it habit to comment on presenters appearances, but Sam is stunning.

4 Likes

Supers not loading correctly during the local window tonight.

The white box on the right that surrounds the Nine news watermark has been displaying correctly, but the bar that extends left with text has not been appearing.

EDIT: Not affecting the live section of the bulletin, was only present during the local window.

2 Likes

Sorry for the quick TV photo, but had to capture this “devstating” spelling mistake

13 Likes