Nine News Local

Wow. That’s pretty bad if you ask me. And I swear she keeps smiling while reading serious news items.

3 Likes

These were the technical issues as seen on the Sunshine Coast edition - start at about 1:15

3 Likes

Not to mention the complete derp at the 4 minute mark in Abesty’s video

“… in cammbaaa…” :roll_eyes::flushed:

Not the first time i’ve heard her completely butchering location names that everyone knows how to pronounce.

4 Likes

Interesting!
Sounds like Jono read out the intro to the Cairns local window rather than your local one.

Our stuff up was completely different, and seemed even more odd than that just because we went from Jono reading a story cutting out mid-sentence (mid-word in the sentence too) to the same voice reading something entirely unrelated and then back to the rest of that same word from before.

It was completely bizarre to hear.

I rushed to the record button at the time and got the message “no free disk space” on the TV :frowning:

1 Like

I’m guessing that the local window was supposed to be inserted statewide at that point but different areas got the wrong tape playout.

BTW the main story that included the live cross was the 4th story on Nine’s Brisbane news.

2 Likes

Kambah = Cam-bar. :sleepy:

2 Likes

Instead of saying “we cross to Canberra” and seeing “Canberra” on the graphic - Vanessa should say “we cross to Parliament House” ans reflect that on the VO also

6 Likes

Agreed. They need to not make it so obvious they’re outside of Canberra. It’s just poor writing/producing.

8 Likes

Here’s a thought. With the morning, afternoon news, and nine news now having moved out of studio 4, could this possibly mean the regional bulletins could be moving in?

2 Likes

I don’t think so, because A Current Affair still needs to use Studio 3.

2 Likes

The QTQ team must have started the 9 News Reg. QLD openers too early.

Hot Seat ended and cut straight to the end of the opening headlines.

1 Like

Now a live cross to Townsville.
Could hear Sam whispering to someone in the background as the reporter was talking.

1 Like

I honestly hope they can dump the show ASAP so that regional viewers can get a ‘set’ and some proper presentation. It’s not as if ACA content is must-see TV.

2 Likes

Sorry for double posting, but does anyone think that Tasmania might get its own local bulletins from SCA anytime soon? It might be possible for Jo Hall to do five local breakaways including Tasmania in addition to regional Vic. Would be better than getting Nine News Melbourne (as good as Hitch and the bulletin is) and those ‘local news updates’ which I hope will die off soon in the future.

1 Like

With TDT Nine being a joint venture station between SCA and WIN (both of which have their own established Tasmanian news services, as we all know) I can’t see there being a “Nine News Tasmania” now or at anytime in the foreseeable future.

3 Likes

I’m not exactly sure what’s the situation in Tasmania, but from what you are saying does that mean Southern Cross and WIN basically own two (or really, one and a half) TV stations in Tasmania?

Oh well, shame the local news updates are here to stay. At least the ones on Prime7 have a bit more substance than SCA or even worse WIN’s updates.

1 Like

Pretty sure ACA outranks regional bulletins that Nine only gets a 50% share in revenue from.

4 Likes

SCA do produce a Tasmanian bulletin, its just that Southern Cross in Tasmania is a 7 Network affiliate rather than Nine. SCA have a 50% ownership of TDT which is the Nine affiliate in Tasmania but its not their main channel so to speak.

1 Like

that’s exactly right.

Exactly. If SCA wants Nine News to roll out on ALL of their stations (and not just the former Southern Cross Ten), they might close down all their remaining news departments in Canberra, Launceston and news-gathering bases in SA. Or maybe, SCA should’ve sever ties with Seven in the first place at the end of June 2016.

But, with SCNews Tasmania slowly upgrading their set and the regional SA News working well, I guess Nine News Tasmania with “another Jo” or the similar thing that’s Adelaide-based will not happen on TNT (for about another 20 years, maybe) and GTS/BKN respectively.