Nine News Local

Another perspective on shiver-inducing temperatures from Darwin.

3 Likes

Clearly many people at 9News don’t know the meaning of “cold” versus “cool”.

Here -4 was forecast, so beyond cold to “freezing” (you know, zero degrees C or below, an actual winter! The little bit of snow on Sunday was fun :cloud_with_snow:)

1 Like

Are these the fabled JLo parties you throw?

5 Likes

Errr, not anymore.

1 Like

Sam: “It’s time for the weather and Nicole’s back with details about when Queensland’s cool mornings will warm up” :roll_eyes:

Nicole during NQ report: “You can see those cool minimum temperatures (looks at screen) …ah, below 20” :scream:

5 Likes

Someone is complaining about weather (and other things)

3 Likes

Sasha Mielczarek did not measure up when on date with Samantha Heathwood

First story tonight was a botched boob job. :roll_eyes:

1 Like

For those interested, Alissa Warren presented NSW sport for the first three weeks of August, whilst Mike was on leave.

2 Likes

Has it been confirmed if Jonathan Uptin is actually going to be live with Samantha Heathwood?

I keep getting the feeling that they are going to “fake” the double header with Uptin only reading the pre-recorded Darwin segments.

7 Likes

Aggie Bradshaw has joined 9 News Canberra from today. Formerly at 9 News Central West and SCA.

Maybe they have decided to put on another reporter to cover more ACT news?

3 Likes

I haven’t seen any recent or consistent figures but happy to be corrected.

There were some figures posted to Twitter by Nine News Canberra last month suggesting that the bulletin outrated Seven News Sydney on Prime7 and WIN News/The Project 6.30pm during July.

Mind you, I don’t know if Nine News is outrating ABC News or not. Although I’d be willing to guess that more Canberrans get their mix of local, national & international news on weeknights from Dan Bourchier than Vanessa O’Hanlon.

4 Likes

Nine News is # 1 in Canberra. It beats 7 by around 4000 and WIN by 5000.

Now from today’s Australian:

“The Rockhampton bulletin started winning from its first night” Mr Dalton said.

“7 Queensland is very well entrenched in the market. We have overtaken WIN in all the markets. We have settled in a comfortable second position in most markets but we are keen to do better.”

5 Likes

The fact there’s no mention of the ABC in that article could be telling. Do they mean the #1 rating news broadcast from a commercial broadcaster?

Either way, Nine News in South NSW &ACT must have made some pretty substantial improvements in the last six months!!

4 Likes

Seven needs to start looking at improving their news services. My suggestion, launch a Canberra bulletin and put Natalie Forrest there instead of streaming Fergo, and do something about the QLD bulletins and get new bulletins for Regional VIC (I’m sure those are also being killed by Nine right?).

The Canberra and Regional VIC bulletins are a matter for Prime, not Seven. Prime is not yet owned by Seven. The Queensland stations are owned by Seven.

1 Like

I highly doubt Seven and Prime reaching an agreement akin to the news affiliation between Nine and Southern Cross without Seven dramatically upping affiliation fees.

1 Like

In the cases of Canberra and Regional VIC, hopefully Prime will do something about it if they don’t want to get their asses whipped by SC9.

QLD should get rid of their paddle pop lion and replace him with someone a bit more decent at newsreading.

I doubt that Prime would expand bulletins into RVIC given they have zilch local news presence above noodle updates and would be competing against the new Nine bulletins. They would likely be better off expanding where they already have bulletins established (NNSW & SNSW). But the real question would be if they would be willing to spend the money, and would it give them adequate returns?

Prime really had the best opportunity to fill the gaps in NNSW and SNSW before Nine launched their bulletins. Now they have to compete against two regional bulletins over one.

6 Likes