Nine News Local

Supers not loading correctly during the local window tonight.

The white box on the right that surrounds the Nine news watermark has been displaying correctly, but the bar that extends left with text has not been appearing.

EDIT: Not affecting the live section of the bulletin, was only present during the local window.

2 Likes

Sorry for the quick TV photo, but had to capture this “devstating” spelling mistake

13 Likes

Sam clearly wasn’t impressed with it either.

That is truly Unexceptable :joy:

4 Likes

Here is last night’s North Queensland bulletin in full for those interested

2 Likes

As noted in the Nine News area.

This would be Southern Cross doing the axing presumably.

https://forums.mediaspy.org/t/nine-news-content-and-appearance/67/7187?u=tv.cynic

Quite sad to hear that Nine has axed two of their regional bulletins, particularly the Mackay edition because that (again) leaves the market with only Seven providing a local news service on TV.

Don’t know much about the Toowoomba/Darling Downs market, but I wonder if that one has been axed due to Nine rating third behind Seven & WIN?

4 Likes

Southern Cross are still required to provide content of local significance in those 2 markets (as opposed to Wide Bay and Sunshine Coast) so seems a strange choice. The advertising dollars must have been really bad.

Will we see the return of noodle updates?

2 Likes

two bulletins have been axed.

4 Likes

The beginning of the end of Nine News Regional???

1 Like

Didn’t expect to see that coming.

From Monday February 18 the Mackay audience will receive a hybrid regional bulletin featuring local weather, state and local news. Toowoomba viewers will now receive Nine’s South East Queensland bulletin.

This confuses me. What exactly is Mackay getting then? The normal regional bulletin but with a reduced amount of local stories? And Toowoomba will receive no local weather/news inserts at all and just take the Brisbane bulletin?

5 Likes

Mackay would be sharing with Central Queensland or Townsville during local windows. The Darling Downs is already given.

1 Like

This was part of the operational review I referred to in the SCA Regional radio thread the other day.

It shouldn’t be, it just isn’t viable to run the Mackay and Darling Downs newsrooms because of the areas low population.

While the licence conditions state a minimum service offering, there’s no incentive to produce over that - doesn’t appear to be a difficult decision really

6 Likes

So which bulletins are next?

I wouldn’t be surprised if it was Southern NSW next

I’ve heard the Victorian bulletins are safe given Nine dominates outside of news anyway.

I could see Nine/SCA deciding to merge the ACT and Riverina bulletins, while also deciding to discontinue producing the Illawarra bulletin.

In regards to Nine/SCA merging the Canberra/Riverina bulletins, that would give the ABC & WIN a free kick in the local news battle in Canberra, likewise for Prime7 & WIN in the Riverina.

In the worst case scenario, as well as merging the Canberra & Riverina bulletins, I could also see them merge with the Central West bulletin.

4 Likes