Nine News Local

If it’s always showing the rain icon then yes, there’s a fault there. I’m not sure how automatic they are but the BoM forecasts send out an icon code in their XML feeds with the forecasts to indicate which icon number they are using. It’s possible if these tables for broadcast are programmed in which would make things easier that for some reason it’s not looking for the correct icon code and has been hard coded for the rain icon or the wrong region since it’s the Nine News Regional bulletin with however many different forecasts provided.

If they’re able to get those tables dynamically it would make things much easier, set the location, top line is the day, then icon, max forecast temp, min forecast temp and then % chance of precipitation which are all in the XML files along with precis forecasts etc…

Having a look at Burdekin XML file for that day, the icon code should be the same as the one for Saturday and Sunday. (1)
ftp://ftp.bom.gov.au/anon/gen/fwo/IDQ11295.xml

Luke Dufficy presenting tonight’s sport for NSW/ACT
ZampakidCap-2018-08-13-18h46m46s277

5 Likes

Since NBN News’ Gavin Morris presents the weather in Southern NSW, is that shown in HD there like the other studio segments are? Since none of NBN News up here is HD.

I wouldn’t have thought so… ?

1 Like

@Radiohead It doesn’t look like its HD:

3 Likes

Nine News Central West:

3 Likes

Regional Qld tonight

6 Likes

Told you that they woud like him. :wink:

1 Like

A nightmare for the Illawarra crew today with their news vehicle dying on the highway near Kiama, requiring towing. Due to their small fleet, the crews ended up carpooling.

4 Likes

Video

3 Likes

Why is the first story of the night not featured in the headlines at all? Seems odd.

1 Like

Promo shoot

1 Like

Am I the only one who gets really annoyed when they film regional promos in the capital city sets?

I feel as though it’s kind of misleading because when you actually watch it, there appearance is the biggest shitshow and very amateur.

11 Likes

Totally agree. At least create a “miniature replica” for the regional sets.

4 Likes

They like to promote the local stories on the headlines, but of course these don’t get read/shown until the local window.

That’s the problem with a composite bulletin with local opt outs. What’s big news on the Sunshine Coast isn’t big news in North Qld. They could run the local window at the start of the bulletin if the stories were considered big enough, but then other markets would have to listen to their local stories before a bigger national or region-wide story.

Was interesting tonight.

There was a lot of major news locally tonight, and 2 of the Townsville stories were shown outside the local window within the statewide segment.

This meant that we ended up getting 1 Mackay story inside our local window to fill the space. Which is very rare to see

2 Likes

Cheat option: build a full wall green screen to show a floor to ceiling plain backdrop. Then every afternoon film the opening and closing pan shot on the metro set.

The average viewer wouldn’t know the difference.

5 Likes

That is exactly what I thought they should have been doing all along

Tonight’s Illawarra Opener. Title card ran or 15 seconds.

4 Likes

Garry Youngberry presented one QLD/NT combined weather report tonight.
It’s so ridiculous to be doing this.

It’s just so confusing for the general public - my partner was wondering why he was mentioning Southern QLD and the NT on “9 News North QLD”.

If he can’t be bothered to film one for each market, get someone else to do it

2 Likes

Tonight’s weather was Upconverted SD
ZampakidCap-2018-08-22-19h01m00s488 ZampakidCap-2018-08-22-19h01m09s382
ZampakidCap-2018-08-22-19h01m17s034 ZampakidCap-2018-08-22-19h01m26s028
ZampakidCap-2018-08-22-19h01m37s841 ZampakidCap-2018-08-22-19h01m45s669
ZampakidCap-2018-08-22-19h02m08s006 ZampakidCap-2018-08-22-19h01m56s660

5 Likes