Nine News Local

Oh dear Vanessa: “Steff-anniac”? Bill Stefaniak is VERY well known in Canberra, pronunciation is so important for credibility (it’s Stef-arn-iak). I wonder if the Canberra bulletin is still 100% live? Otherwise this should have been picked up in the pre-record by Mr Frost.

2 Likes

The street name was wrong in the package too. It was on Yarra Glen, not Adelaide Avenue (though an easy mistake to make - it’s the same length of road, but changes names about halfway along)

I don’t think that was Vanessa making the scripts, more likely the CoS.

My reply was referencing the above post which stated that the reporter should’ve picked up the mispronunciation, noting that he got the street name incorrect in his report.

1 Like

Sophie stuffed up a simple pronunciation on 9 News Mackay last night as well (during the local window).

A major outlying town in the broadcast region is “Moranbah” (pronounced “more-anne-bar”) and Sophie called it “mare-run-bar”.

3 Likes

News Corp has a derogatory alternative:

1 Like

I saw the full report on my phone after writing that comment. Harry Frost mispronounced his name too, so I can’t blame Vanessa. As far as I know there is no CoS in Canberra, just the three reporters, but I may be wrong.

I’m a little behind on the festive content, but this is a nice use of the new Nine team at Watson, rather than reverting to the Parliament House crew!

4 Likes
1 Like

Nice to see a regional version of the 9 promo

4 Likes

Sam Heathwood returned to the Queensland/Darwin desk tonight.

Amanda Bennett presented Monday weather.

1 Like

Why does Dougal Beatty have a personalised promo?

1 Like

Is their something they’re not telling us?

2 Likes

Maybe because he has been filling in for Jo Hall while she’s on break. Melbourne use fill in presenters for the metro bulletin promos too, so they’re probably putting in the same effort for their regional bulletin.

6 Likes

its coz hes filling in for jo hall whos on holidays

1 Like

also something i have noticed is that since jo hall is on holidays nine news western victoria is no longer including stories from maryborough on there edition but central is not every one in maryborough can pick up the bendigo siginal

Jo Hall returns to the Victorian bulletins tomorrow night

5 Likes

Source: Instagram

Edit: Apparently this is now a newsworthy story…
“Jo Hall calls in backup during on-air cough attack”

11 Likes

they are referring this to be live … i thought it was all precorded just like win does

1 Like

It sounded like a national story, so it would’ve been read live to all markets. Only the local windows are pre-recorded I believe.

5 Likes