Nine News Refresh 2024

Following reforms last year the RBA now holds a press conference after its Tuesday meeting. This is the first one of those ever. Explains why CK is there and not in the studio in either Sydney or Melbourne.

I think Nine can afford a qantas return ticket to Sydney. We don’t need further centralisation in Sydney.

4 Likes

Is there any real benefit to have him based in Melbourne though? I’m guessing its Chris’s personal preference maybe?

1 Like

The first time since 2012!

1 Like

Um… he lives there?

I would say Chris is also filing a report (from the reserve bank) on tonight’s news.

3 Likes

That makes sense, thanks.

3 Likes

That’s what I said

1 Like

At one stage tonight Paul was nearly off the edge of the screen, with a big space on the right.

2 Likes

His life and family is in Melbourne? It’s a nicer city than Sydney? What’s with the bizarre assumption that not being in Sydney is an issue?

1 Like

Its pretty much the finance capital of Australia and he’s the finance reporter eg. all the interest rate announcements are done in Sydney.

Ideally, I’d have him based in Sydney, that’s all.

1 Like

Or he chooses not to go… what do you do then?

Everything he dose can be done from Melbourne which also plays a key financial part in Australia’s economy. Two of the big banks (ANZ, NAB) are bases there, along with BHP and Rio Tinto. Plus it’s the manufacturing and technology hub of Australia :+1:

2 Likes

Nothing, the key word in my post was bolded :blush:

ABC Alan Kohler is also Melbourne based??

2 Likes

To be fair the ABC probably have a larger pool of financial reporters in Sydney than Nine. But then again, Nine could use it’s resources at the Financial Review.

Surely the ideal scenario is the one that works best for him and his circumstances?

Given he’s been Finance Editor for 2-3 years now I think we can safely say that having the role based in Melbourne has not been detrimental at all.

4 Likes

And Melbourne is also the superannuation company capital.

1 Like

Very important to keep that R/hand screen in full view showing yet another 9news banner just in case you weren’t sure what you were watching

1 Like

What’s the rush? It’s not like the 3 viewers Nine has in Perth will even notice when it happens.

Besides, STW can now claim to have the best looking Nine graphics in the country since the “old” package is superior.

2 Likes

And tonight he is partly off screen.

Later

4 Likes

Are they using that screen with the Nine News GC logo for OTS story graphics? Else I do not see the issue with them moving the frame to the left a little bit when they have a Nine News bug on screen anyway.

1 Like

Not used for anything

3 Likes