Nine News Refresh 2024

Took long enough! It is nice to have consistency with national bulletins. The average viewer probably wouldn’t notice/care but it really is an improvement to the quality of the presentation.

1 Like

I agree. I actually don’t mind the Gold Coast set now!

4 Likes

Because Nine make some stupid decisions

Was doubting Perth was going to get the new graphics tonight as could see the old light box (no light blue globe dots) between the Main screen and the RHS last night!

Even when WIN owned they got the newer package quicker. Nine is just a mess with consistency both on the news and on air presentation!

Gold Coast’s new look bulletin from tonight - includes Andrew and Melissa’s Brisbane opener

Meanwhile in Perth

6 Likes

How is this refresh getting worse?

AI backgrounds and now the ugly Darwin backdrop style for the Gold Coast

3 Likes

And a zoomed in backdrop of Melbourne.

not tonight for Perth :frowning:

2 Likes

lucky you

Coincidental caption?

3 Likes

i mean, i get it, but im just sick of the inconsistencies across the country - especially considering the promo promoting tonight’s story last night using the newer graphics

7 Likes

Also the national news taking the newer look and then reverting to a different look at night. It’s almost a throwback to when STW and NWS were not O&O.

If anything Sydney should have gone last.

6 Likes

I gotta say 7 & Sky News’ late news background is MUCH better than Nine’s version

Oh for fuck sake what is that backdrop. It’s made for 1 presenter not 2.

Just use a goddamn sky cam

4 Likes

waiting for someone to do a mock where all the Nine News backgrounds are in the Darwin/Gold Coast style

1 Like

They’ll probably all end up with a Sydney harbour bridge background

First Interest Rates with new graphics.

8 Likes

That “Interest Rate” graphic on the light blue globe looks nice. Does look a bit like 10 News First though.

2 Likes

Bit weird that they’d have Chris in Sydney but not in the studio.

If they were going to put him in a studio, it may as well be the Melbourne one.

I think having him on location in Sydney makes bringing him up more worthwhile.

In fact, I wouldn’t be surprised if Nine try and move him to Sydney full time, would save on travel time and costs.

1 Like