Nine News Refresh 2024

Weather

8 Likes

Split screens are very basic.

4 Likes

Is it possible the delay for Perth, Brisbane and Adelaide is to update the desk to a curved screen? I don’t think the new desk graphic would look good on the current desk. I assume Melbourne will have a curved desk screen like Sydney tomorrow.

6 Likes

Melbourne already has a Sydney-style desk. It was updated fairly recently in the last few months.

4 Likes

Yep, it’s horrible. On its own, the big super title is fine. However, having the additional info bar appearing next to the Nine News graphic means it’s disjointed from the super when it’s meant to complement it.

5 Likes

On another note, not really a fan of that Live Cross split screen. Seems like an afterthought after the detail and attention paid to this relaunch.

4 Likes

Agree with both here - the subtitle would work better as a ticker in that position

2 Likes

Very glossy and slick overall. The theme does not work with the opening sequence at all, time to move past this current iteration.

And that solid bug is yuck yuck yuck. The way the supers wrap around it is nice but the size and weight of the text and the logo does not work well at all.

i love it all, except the supers though, idk why they did it like that…

God I hate that. If you have the name super, you don’t need to announce the reporter too.

Keeping the sky cam up with the OTS is a great move

1 Like

Not a fan of the live crop setup. Rest of the refresh seems great.

1 Like

Thing that I like is how easy this could integrate into Today and Today Extra.

But damn the NBN News bug is going to be huge!!

7 Likes

As predicted there is no picture of local city in background in news opener, something that WIN got it right.

2 Likes

New OTS graphics look far nicer than the previous iteration

13 Likes

Surely they’ll dump the map on the bug, they definitely won’t drop the dots

3 Likes

Sydney sport

Some really big dots

13 Likes

I like the animation of them in too as well!

AFL Footy News backdrop in Melbourne seemingly from the news set with a huge new screen on the RHS plus updated light box graphics :eyes:

5 Likes

Melbourne sport - note that the globe is generic without Melbourne (compared to Sydney)

More big dots

7 Likes

Pretty sure the Footy News backdrop gave away some set upgrades. Although minor? Unless it was made in from Sydney.

2 Likes