Nine News Presenters and Reporters

Former Seven News Sydney reporter Peter Fegan has been picked up by Nine News Queensland (who let’s be honest, seem to have similar journalistic standards these days) to be a reporter for them:

1 Like

I don’t condone what he did at all, but there’s no reason he shouldn’t be given another chance to work just like any other person.

You obviously have a problem with 9 News Queensland, but it’s a long bow to draw to try to associate their choice of story selection (which works for them) and the hiring of Peter.

4 Likes

Employing addicts?

Depends on whether it affects his ability to do his job.

1 Like

Of course, and it goes without saying that that goes for anyone who abuses substances or the like.

1 Like

Putting aside the drugs, is it wrong to point out how Seven News Sydney & Nine News Queensland have fairly similar journalistic standards? By all reports the content quality of both services leaves quite a bit to be desired, probably not helped by the fact their current news directors have histories in talkback radio and sensationalist current affairs programming respectively!

Also, the general consensus from Media Spy seems to be that Peter Fegan wasn’t that great of a reporter at Seven News anyway. Not saying that he doesn’t deserve a 2nd chance (even though I’d still prefer to see younger journalists with unblemished records given a go), but at the same time I really hope Simon Hobbs won’t be tempted to bring him back to Sydney whenever a male reporting position opens up at TCN in the future.

1 Like

Yes, I think it’s pretty well documented how you feel about the standards of both bulletins.

Why does it have to be male? Shouldn’t it just be the best person for the job, regardless of gender?

1 Like

Of course. It’s great that Nine News Sydney (and other bulletins) have far more female talent now than they did in the past.

Another thing they share in common - Cameron Price.

He was one of two reporters sacked by QTQ in the wake of the Choppergate scandal, which happened nearly a decade ago.

7 Likes

Is it? Like has he generated that much discussion? Like he did his job didn’t he?
You don’t need to take swings at everybody who isn’t Mike Dalton.

1 Like

Here’s some:

No doubt there are others on Media Spy with similarly less than positive opinions about Fegan.

What?

I’ve praised plenty of non-Mike Dalton reporters on this forum, infact just on Monday night I was saying that Media Spy should be praising Chris O’Keefe (and SMH reporter Alexandra Smith) for picking up on the Jodi McKay story that other media organisations didn’t seem too interested in.

2 Likes

What constitutes a bad reporter though

Nine News Perth did a special edition with Monika Kos presenting the 3pm news.

9 Likes

Why was there a special bulletin at 3PM?

1 Like

Jake Duke is still presenting / reporting for Nine News Sydney. When will he go to Fox?

1 Like

Saturday 21 February + Sunday 22 February

Livinia Nixon presenting weather live from Melbourne Park this weekend, due to the Australian Open finals.

6 Likes

I’ve enjoyed the 30 Minute News bulletin last 2 nights. Watched the whole bulletin both nights without interruption including without checking devices i.e moblie phone. Thoughts???

3 Likes

I probably tend to agree, some items from the 20 min mark onwards are probably little more than “filler” stories.

And I would be happy with ACA back at 6.30 with a decent program at 7pm.

Would also be beneficial to most regional viewers who currently have 90 mins of news, which is too long I think,

1 Like

The 30 minutes news was filled with important content, unlike the hour one. But what a horrible decision to just air 30 minutes for the next few days. This will definitely destroy their brand, and Seven will gain more viewers.

Now that’s certainly a massive overreaction.

17 Likes

Ok, it was lol

1 Like