Nine News Presenters and Reporters

When you consider how long Georgie Gardner has been at the network for + the fact she’ll likely present Nine News Sydney from Sunday-Thursday during at least two weeks of the ratings year (June/July and October, if patterns of the last few years are anything to go by), $300k a year seems a bit low. Would’ve thought that she’s worthy of $500k.

Of course I’d have to imagine that Peter Overton is on at least $800k a year, if not $1 Million+!

7 Likes

Pete’s probably the last evening news presenter in Sydney on big money.

Georgie is probably still the second highest paid presenter in the market on a per-bulletin basis after Pete.

10 Likes

If Georgie has gone from $800k to $300k as that article suggests, I can’t imagine her being “extremely happy” with that as Nine claims.

8 Likes

(1/2/2021) Jonathan Uptin is presenting sport in Brisbane tonight.

4 Likes

She is being paid that amount for her Friday and Saturday duties on Nine News.

Other duties will incur extra pay.

Honestly, $5,769 pay for 2 nights of presenting isn’t bad. She will earn shit tons more if she has to fill in on other programs like Today Show.

7 Likes

I don’t think we will ever see GG on Today ever again.

6 Likes

She could consider joining Seven to work alongside Mark Ferguson and Michael Usher. The trio had worked together in Nine’s Sydney newsroom.

2 Likes

You make it sound so simple.

7 Likes

Fixed. Remember the Late 1990s/Early 2000s before Nine poached Georgie Gardner when they needed a Sydney weather presenter?

By the way, I don’t see GG leaving Nine anytime soon. She’s been at the network long enough that most Sydney viewers would consider Gardner to be a fixture of their news with any memories of her time at Seven or Ten (yes, Georgie is another in a very long list of Ten Sydney presenters/reporters to become one for Nine Sydney) now long forgotten!

2 Likes

She signed a contract. She isn’t leaving.

are you kidding? coming in at like 2pm, 2 days a week. In this day and age she’s lucky to have it.

5 Likes
6 Likes
9 Likes

Unusual shirtless presentation. A first?

Later

11 Likes

There was also time to send out a tweet 5 minutes or so before the cross.

But overall, it was a major exclusive for Nine with Luke involved in the recovery of the body. No vision on Seven and just a bare mention near the end of their bulletin.

1 Like

I was really impressed that he was able to pull himself together and do a live cross that quickly. Pulling a body from the surf would surely be incredibly confronting and Luke did a great job.

Here’s the full article from Nine News

2 Likes

I’m surprised Luke wasn’t interviewed for Weekend Today; just a news report near the beginning of the show.

1 Like

Really well done by Luke.

Pretty poor taste by Nine to speculate on the identity of the body before it has been confirmed.