Nine News Presenters and Reporters

Is it just me or does Hitch look a bit ill? Does not seem his normal self.

77th birthday next month. Amazing he is still going!

2 Likes

Does anyone know who the oldest ever TV news presenter was in Australia and/or the world?

Hitch would definitely be up there.

1 Like

Judy Woodruff retired a few weeks ago she was the same age.

Pretty unreal though. Many of us well and truly throw in the weekday working towel by mid 60s.

2 Likes

Don Alhart who works for WHAM ABC 13/The CW in Rochester, New York is the current record holder for the worldā€™s longest serving newsreader, so he may also be the oldest since he is currently 78. As for Australia, he is indeed the oldest.

4 Likes

Thanks!

1 Like

Ayrton Woolley leaving GTV9

5 Likes

Mass exodus going on at GTV atm

4 Likes

Something needs to change this year. They went from 31 weeks won in 2021 to only 7 in 2022, the second worst result in OzTam history (worst was 2008 with 6 weeks). Not a good start to 2023 with two reporters leaving in a week.

If Nine loses in all markets then something serious needs to happen across the whole network. If I was Nine, I would even consider axing Hot Seat as it is becoming a problem for Nine News.

Close - it was actually in 2009 that they only won six weeks. However, that year Melbourne was the only metro market to win any weeks against Seven News, which clean-swept the other cities.

3 Likes

Jayne Azzopardi is presenting Friday- Saturday 6pm news in Sydney

8 Likes

And also the lead story on NBN :joy:

3 Likes

Friday (27.1.2022)-Sunday (29.1.2022): Alicia Loxley is presenting Nine News Melbourne from Melbourne Park.

2 Likes

Is she? Or just in front of a screen?

Why does that question keep being asked? Alicia is clearly at the AO. Also backed it up with news headlines immediately after on the actual AO coverage.

8 Likes

I was just watching for a minute and the background looked like it was a screen, thatā€™s all.

1 Like

Mia Glover presenting in Queensland this weekend.

4 Likes

Oh yeh. Someone asked that last night too. Iā€™m not sure what the actual set up is, however it is coming from the GEM studio (I believe) in the AO precinct.

1 Like

This begs me to ask this question: when Seven News Melbourne broadcast there when they had the AO rights, did they do it from the broadcast host position (where the presenter would sit during the telecasts) or from a different position? I remember it would have Rod Laver Arena in the background.

1 Like

Thereā€™s a GEM studio? :open_mouth:

I donā€™t know if this is sarcasm lol however I was referring to where they were broadcasting the GEM telecast from.

1 Like