Nine News Presenters and Reporters

Jesus Christ. Every time I see your posts, I never think you could sink lower.

Are you really saying that because he’s dead no one should say anything?

And, do note; Annette Sharpe is no saint in this.

4 Likes

Well, it’s ungracious. Obviously, he’s in no position to respond to what she’s said. And how would his family feel reading this just days after he’s died?

This isn’t a court of law. And it’s not like this is new information.

1 Like

Charles Croucher has been officially confirmed as new Federal Political Editor.

12 Likes

Where was it announced?

1 Like

Weekend Today co-host Charles Croucher has been named the new political editor for the Nine Network, taking over one of the most coveted roles in Australian political journalism.

Croucher, who has worked for Nine for more than a decade, replaces Chris Uhlmann, who retired earlier this year.

3 Likes

So that means Crouch won’t be hosting Weekend Today in the future or will he be remaining with the Today team?

1 Like

Possibly a mistake to appoint someone political editor when they haven’t had a constant presence in the Canberra press gallery in the past. These jobs usually go to journos with a lot of runs on the board and deep, established roots. Seven clearly has the edge now with Mark Riley heading up their team.

8 Likes

I don’t think he will continue on Weekend Today. He isn’t on this weekend and Richard and Belinda have hosted. The third host thing was odd anyway.

1 Like

Doubt it will happen if Charles is moving to Canberra.

Somehow I feel like Nine should of tried to poach someone like Mark Riley for their Federal Politics reporter. Charles just doesn’t seem experienced enough unlike Uhlmann who was at the ABC for years.

2 Likes

This could indicate Charles will only appear on Sundays? So, Sunday on Weekend Today and Mon-Thur in Canberra?

1 Like

Unless he’ll be doing a Sunday political segment?

3 Likes

Given Uhlmann’s less then stellar time as editor, I’m not sure it really matters - finding someone who doesn’t instantly take offence at a sign on a public toilet will be an improvement.

4 Likes

It’s a valid point. But Charles has been involved in their election coverage for a couple of years now and he’s considered a political ‘nerd’. So, certainly not the worst appointment and we also know not the first choice (Chris O’Keefe was reportedly asked). It does raise the question, though, why on earth they didn’t go internally last time and replace Oakes with Calcutt.

1 Like

Eventually they will probably just have Dickie & Belinda as hosts for Weekend Today

Still he doesn’t have the day to day contacts and relationships with people in parliament others who have worked in the gallery for long periods would have. There’s a reason the networks have historically appointed people to these key roles from within the gallery, whether it be from within their own ranks, another network or print journos with long established, intimate ties within Parliament House.

2 Likes

He worked in the Canberra bureau for 5 years under Laurie Oakes. So he’s done some sort of internship of sorts in the press gallery.

5 Likes

I’m not saying he doesn’t have experience reporting politics, the assertion is his relationships and contacts with those who work within Parliament House are not current so Nine is at a disadvantage.

Melbourne just aired a promo for Charles Croucher

4 Likes

Same goes for Sydney. @Nicholas

1 Like