Nine News Presenters and Reporters

Tracy Vo seems to be in London for Nine News. I was sleepy at the time but I believe she contributed a report for 3AW’s Nine radio news bulletin this morning.

6 Likes

@NewsWeary T-VO also appeared on The Today Show this morning

2 Likes

From London?

1 Like

Former Nine journalist Dan Blyde on the Sydney 4pm news with Mark Burrows recalling coverage of the death of Princess Diana 25 years ago today.

He and Mark were Nine’s UK correspondents at that time.

I recall he was identified as Daniel Blyde back then.

8 Likes

9 Likes
5 Likes

Jonathan Uptin anchoring 9 News Queensland live from South Bank tonight, owing to the live coverage of the Riverfire fireworks even straight after the news.

Luke Bradnam also doing weather from Howard Smith Wharves. Live cross also to Melissa Downes and Andrew Lofthouse at Flight Centre HQ nearby, who will be anchoring the special after 7pm.

2 Likes

Edward Godfrey from Adelaide also appears to be reporting from there. Not sure if he’s permanently relocated there as a correspondent or is covering someone.

2 Likes

Most likely filling in for Carrie-Anne Greenbank whose Twitter has been inactive for at least a month.

1 Like

Edward finished his stint this week.

2 Likes

The Australian reports that Nine is playing hardball with Lane Calcutt as he serves out his notice period before leaving the newsroom to join the Queensland Premier’s media department. Brisbane news boss Amanda Paterson has hooked the veteran reporter off the political beat for the final weeks of his 35-year tenure with Nine, to avoid any perception of favouritism towards his new employer.

5 Likes

In days of old Nine poached a couple of newsreaders from Aunty - Nine can pay what they need to to get the people they want, less so for poor Aunty. How times have changed - years ago only failed TV journo’s went to work for a pollie, now an AO8 or EL1 Media Advisor is a much better gig than TV is paying. Same goes for the tech’s - public service IT pays heaps better. I still reckon the beginning of the end for the TV newsrooms was the helicopters going. Now the old journo’s are following.

2 Likes

Fun fact, in South Australia. The networks (7, 9, 10, ABC etc) all share the same images, so that means the 1 chopper is only required and the networks subsequently share it.

Isn’t this the case in all states now, or do some networks still have their own choppers?

I wouldn’t call it hardball. It’s hardly unexpected or unreasonable. So why is The Australian still going on about this? Calcutt was off the political beat before his government recruitment was even made public by the rag.

If I am correct, Nine and Seven started sharing helicopters a few years ago. Not sure if ABC or 10 share as well.

I believe the ABC were going to a new contract for helicopters, but the deal feel through so they went with 7 and 9.

From my understanding, only 7 and 9 have a joint helicopter agreement. ABC and 10 have the option to buy vision when/ if they need it. This means they don’t get any control over the deployment or live feeds.

Looking on the CASA aircraft register for some of the old helicopters rego’s (VH-TCN and VH-HSV) they show up as belonging to Heli Support at Camden so they must be the outsource provider the TV are using. Those machines would have camera mounts in them but it would be interesting to find out if its BYO links if you want a live cross.

Monday (5.9.2022): Clint Stanaway is presenting sport in Melbourne tonight.

4 Likes