Nine News Presenters and Reporters

Saturday 21 May -

Peter Hitchener will be presenting in Melbourne.

8 Likes

Local news both at 4 and 6?

Herald Sun reporting that Eddie McGuire is tipped to fill in for Tony Jones on The Sunday Footy Show whilst Jones hosts Wimbledon coverage from London.

EDIT: McGuire won’t fill in for Jones on Nine News.

4 Likes

On the Sunday Footy Show that is, doesn’t mention anything about Eddie doing the 6pm news.

5 Likes

Oh god. That will make the bad ratings at Nine Melbourne worse.

Eddie won’t be filling in on the 6pm news. The article is talking about the Sunday Footy Show.

From the article:

Which ego will win out?
–
That’s the question being asked at Channel 9’s Docklands studio as the jockeying for the coveted Sunday Footy Show host chair starts to ramp up.

3 Likes

Wonder if Tony Jones will be flying to London to cover Wimbledon, like Ken Sutcliffe did when Nine had the rights pre-2010.

Yes, the Herald Sun article confirms TJ is indeed flying to London.

3 Likes

And while Nine don’t have the rights to the Birmingham Commonwealth Games, I also wonder if TJ will stick around to cover the event for Nine News. Otherwise, they might stick with Carrie-Anne Greenbank and Brett McLeod.

3 Likes

Melbourne and Brisbane updates. None for Sydney.

4 Likes

Between having Hitch present on Friday’s over the last few weeks and now presenting today, Nine must be really concerned about the recent swing in 6pm ratings momentum to Seven

2 Likes

Cause they know what’s coming.

I reckon they shouldn’t have let Jones publicly rule himself out of replacing Hitch. It’s turned people to Seven earlier than they would have when Loxley takes over.

It will be Bath all over again. I guarantee that Alicia won’t be getting the big gig alone. It’ll either be her and a male presenter or a male presenter alone.

I’m not too familiar with Adelaide but haven’t Nine been really competitive since the male presenter left Seven leaving Jane alone on weeknights?

2 Likes

Agree. I think GTV will get cold feet rather quickly if Loxley can’t hold the audience when Hitch leaves. We saw it with Bath in Sydney and even with Waley at Nine when Seven was making inroads with Ian Ross. I wouldn’t be surprised to see them try to hurt HSV’s succession planning by trying to lure Amor across. Brett McLeod is another obvious possibility.

Over reaction. Clearly the importance of election night has prompted Pete to lead the broadcast when Alicia is unavailable. If it was any other week, Dougal would fill-in.

Also, isn’t Mark Ferguson presenting in Sydney tonight on 7? Same philosophy.

6 Likes

Didn’t Pete present the last election night coverage as well?

It looks like he is presenting at 4pm as well.

1 Like

If anyone actually thinks like this, you’re sad.

Honestly don’t think that is why Pete is presenting.

No.

1 Like

Why is it sad? It’s literally happened. Viewers turned to Nine once Bath took over.

It also happened on the Gold Coast. They added Steve Titmus in with Amanda Abate not that long after Rod left. She couldn’t bring in the viewers alone.

It will happen to Melbourne. Loxley won’t be strong enough long term to hold it. The viewers will turn to Mitchell and Seven.

1 Like

Peter Hitchener is presenting Saturday’s national afternoon news

3 Likes

Yes

Going out nationally

Weather and Sport

9 Likes