Nine News Presenters and Reporters

The fact that he wasn’t present at all for the 2022 Budget coverage or the flood telethon is telling. It’s possible that he may have just been sick or had other commitments, but it makes you wonder if there is something going on behind the scenes.

2 Likes

It’s especially interesting as they’ve also just lost Cameron. If that had not happened I would not be so curious but it does seem like something is going on, what that something is, remains to be seen.

2 Likes

Could have reduced his working days or just early holiday breaks?

Loving the conspiracy theories but perhaps it’s something as simple as him being a close contact to an infected person and waiting for a negative PCR test to be returned. Like any business at this time they’ve likely had staffing issues. I’ve noticed several unknowns, most likely producers, stepping up into reporting roles in recent weeks on the Sydney bulletin. I’d say Pete worked Sunday and Monday to give Georgie a break before she covers his Easter leave and works up until Good Friday.

9 Likes

Of course that is everyone’s first thought but it’s been like this for roughly a month. You only need to isolate the one week.

Sydney NRL reporter Danny Weidler is reporting from Augusta for the US Masters golf.

6 Likes

Can confirm that the Overton-Rowe family are in ISO at the moment. Jess has posted about it on her Instagram account.
It doesn’t say whether they have tested positive or not.

5 Likes

That can’t be good. We all know what happened to Cameron Williams when he came out of isolation.

*in before the forum conspiracy theorists.

3 Likes

That still doesn’t explain the presenting inaccuracies over the past 5/6 weeks but anyway. I find it hard to believe they’ve been in and out of isolation over that whole time.

1 Like

Inaccuracies? Please explain.

I didn’t suggest that. I merely said they’re currently in ISO.

Anywho - let’s not make a storm in a teacup.

2 Likes

His presenting inaccuracies. Only doing 2/3 days a week on random days for the last few weeks.

I didn’t say that you’ve suggested anything? I was making my own comment.

Clearly this is a touchy subject for some members so I’ll just leave it at that. I didn’t realise we couldn’t note odd events here.

It would seem that with two kids they’d be coming in and out of isolation of one person gets it one week then they come out of iso then someone else gets covid then they’ll all be back into isolation if they hadn’t had before.

2 Likes

One of my workmates has been in and out of isolation for the past five or six weeks as various family members tested positive for Covid. In the end, all five family members had it over a month.

2 Likes

The rules are so confusing. I was under the impression that if you have COVID and recover, even if other housemates get it a few days later, you are exempt from having to do another week of isolation?

1 Like

You are now exempt from isolating again for 12 week after a positive covid result (in Vic and nsw anyway, not sure about the other states).

4 Likes

One of my friends will be very pleased to know that, as I thought in NSW it was only 30 days. As he had to cancel a wedding last weekend due to testing positive to COVID. He has already rescheduled for late May, so the 12 week window covers him for that.

1 Like

Friday 8 April -

Sophie Walsh is presenting Morning News and Afternoon News in Sydney today.

7 Likes

She also presented the weather on the Afternoon News.

2 Likes

Sophie Walsh also presenting Friday and Saturday weather on Sydney’s 6pm news

6 Likes

Really interesting insight from Amelia. Great interview.

10 Likes