Nine News Presenters and Reporters

Must be a legacy thing. I find solo presentation so stilted.

1 Like

It probably is. I don’t mind dual presenters, but it would feel a bit weird seeing someone co-present with Peter Overton in Sydney, because we are so accustomed to seeing him present solo.

Though if Pete was to move on, there’s probably a good chance Nine Sydney would move to a dual presenter set up because I don’t think there is a clear successor. And also because it worked in Melbourne.

Not sure who Sydney would use in such a scenario, Jayne Azzopardi and maybe Charles Croucher? A younger pairing like Melbourne as opposed to say Georgie Gardner and Mark Burrows.

Monday 25 March - Friday 29 March
Alicia Loxley presenting solo tonight.

5 Likes

I think Pete would work great with the right kind of co-anchor, a Sandra Sully type.

1 Like

There is about the same chance of Nine putting in a co-presenter with Peter Overton as there is Seven making Susannah Carr redundant.

7 Likes
1 Like

Alicia solo again tonight in Melbourne. Looks like Tom has the week off

4 Likes

Question is who would you replace them with.

An option could be getting Jessica Adamson onboard, and maybe pair her with either Will McDonald, Rebecca Morse, or Jessica Harmsen (ABC 7pm newsreader).

Perhaps they could also convince Graeme Goodings to do weekends as well? Or they could poach Eslpeth Hussy, Andrea Nicolas, Gertie Spurling, Casey Trealor from Seven to do weekends? Or Richard Davies from the ABC.

Anyone else agree?

1 Like

He could be unwell

2 Likes

Why not pair these two:

And for weekends:

But with careful planning and a strategy before announcing, including well executed marketing. Similar to Seven’s in that article with Rosanna and Will. And two Wills!

1 Like

Yes indeed, perhaps they could offer Brenton a role on weekend today, and possibly Kate the weekday newsreader role.

1 Like

Heard a radio report by Damian Ryan on 3AW’s 6pm news today. He was in South Morang in Melbourne’s north-east covering the memorial service for Jesse Baird.

Isn’t Damian based in Sydney?

2 Likes

Jesse was originally a Melburnian and his family are there, grew up in Diamond Creek near Greenborough in the city’s north-east.

He moved to Queensland for studies/work and later moved to Sydney via the same employer for further opportunities/promotion. As well as being an AFL Umpire while in NSW.

I’d guess as the tragic crime happened in Sydney and he was now a Sydney-sider, as well as a NSW Police member being the perpetrator and said force investigating, plus the local Sydney media naturally leading the coverage, Ryan (who I’m guessing also lead reporting for Nine Sydney) was most likely continuing that, albeit the family memorial back in Victoria today.

It did cross my mind though, Nine would want to tread carefully, maybe wait longer (so long as it’s not affecting their bottom line and advertisers- too much), as what’s to say, for one of those random TV reasons, ratings gradually start changing, with Nine News Adelaide going up and Seven News Adelaide going down and then it’s be game on again. Nine would be remembering their results a few years ago and clearly love Brenton particularly given that rather surprising Today Show revelation.

2 Likes

Yes Damo is based in Syd. But they brought him down to Melbourne to coverage it.

2 Likes

Only reason Nine got an increase is because Seven’s Sydney based management sacked popular presenters Jessica Adamson and Tim Noonan (Weekend Weather Presenter), as well as cut the 4pm news. Management also ended SA Weekender.

Now, Seven has local bulletins at 11:30am and 4pm, as well as 5pm weekends, as well as South Aussie with Cosi (Ironically SA Weekender’s rival for many years). Also helps that Will Goodings presents a top rating breakfast program, and that both presenters had Jane Doyle’s seal of approval (as seen in promos and the InDaily article).

4 Likes

Makes sense. He’s covered this story right threw. I’m sure he will continue to report on the trial in coming months.

1 Like

One thing 9 Adelaide should look at is adding more local bulletins to counter 7 News, it might be an avenue to move either Brenton or Kate off of 6pm if they want to change the lineup.

1 Like

There’s no way they’d leave 7, no matter how much money you threw at any of these women. They’re all very noteworthy personalities on SAS7.

1 Like

Would be a challenge considering that Seven’s bulletins were already winning in Adelaide when they were national, so Seven already had a head start when they went all local. Maybe Nine could gain some viewers with a local late bulletin.

Fairly sure the same would of been said about Jen Kyte (7 to 9 to 7 to 10), Kyle and Jackie O (2DayFM to KISS), Ian Ross (Nine to Seven), Lisa Wilkinson (Nine to 10), Mel Doyle (Sunrise to various other roles at Seven), Rebecca Maddern (Seven to Nine to Seven), Nikki Sava (The Australian to the SMH/Age), David Speers (Sky to ABC), David Johnston (10 to Seven), Yalda Hakim (BBC to Sky UK), Ross Greenwood (9 to Sky)…

Large pay checks and key roles are rarely refused.

1 Like

Give me strength.

15 Likes