Nine News Presenters and Reporters

8 Likes

About time they started promoting him… clearly he’s going to be taking over weekends soon permanently.

They should send him up to Sydney and do some fill in work on Today or Today Extra. Help build up his profile.

4 Likes

Wouldn’t Brett McLeod take over weekends when Alicia moves to weekdays?

1 Like

Depends on how long his stint in the UK will be

1 Like

Jayne Azzopardi is presenting in Sydney on Saturday

8 Likes

Why not just get Davina to do 6pm?

Jayne has regularly been used as a 6pm fill-in over summer when Pete, Georgie and Mark are all unavailable. Has been this way for a few years now. Don’t think Davina has ever done a 6pm
bulletin.

4 Likes

4 Likes

Only ever presented Weather in December 2014 in Sydney.

Obviously was at the helm of QTQ’s weekend news when Eva was on maternity leave in 2013/14 & usual fill in.

Agreed, much better presenter & personality.

5 Likes

According to the Sunday Herald Sun, 2023 is a year of milestones for Peter Hitchener as he marks 50 years at the network and 25 years as the anchor of Channel 9 Melbourne’s nightly news.

The article also confirms the current newsreading arrangement will continue into 2023 (Peter Monday to Thursday, and Alicia Friday to Sunday).

7 Likes

I’m sure News Corp wasn’t needed to tell you that.

I think Jayne and Davina are both good presenters.

Sydney really does have a good crop of back up presenters with Georgie, Mark, Charles as well as Jayne and Davina, and Amber too if needed.

2 Likes

Good on him. It also means he is one of the only people to mark 50 years at one network (not even Brian Henderson did, he only had 46 at Nine IIRC)

5 Likes

Correct. Makes me wonder why Hendo couldn’t stay for another four years so he could bring up his half-century at the network. Maybe he just decided that, when he retired in November 2002, it was the right time for him to bow out.

It’s probably as simple as he’s had enough of the daily grind and wanted to retire. He was already 71 and many have retired earlier than that.

4 Likes

You say “another four years” like it’s a short passage of time.
All to bring up an arbitrary round number.

12 Likes

Fill-In Weather Presenter Stephanie Anderson is Presenting Melbourne’s Afternoon News again this week With Dougal Beatty on Wednesday’s and Friday’s.

After Spending a Week On Location across Flood Ravaged areas of Regional Victoria, Livinia Nixon returned to the GTV9 Studio to present the Weather with Today’s Temperatures around Australia are shown during the Early Weather Check on Melbourne’s Afternoon News.

4 Likes

Monday (5.12.2022):
Georgie Gardener is presenting in Sydney tonight.
Will McDonald is presenting in Adelaide tonight.
Melissa Downes is presenting solo in Brisbane tonight.

6 Likes

Probably because the job was starring to become a bit much at that age. Iif he was starting to slip from the top of his game, he probably realised it himself, before he started to make mistakes and stumble through a bulletin.

He was 71 at retirement and had been reading the news for 45 years, which is better than most can say about their career.

4 Likes

Sounds a bit lazy to me