Nine News Presenters and Reporters

Each Thursday and Friday for the last few weeks Nine have been using reporters to read the 4pm News in Melbourne. This week is Stephanie Anderson.

4 Likes

Are we expecting the Afternoon News to go national next week?

1 Like

According to the guide sent from Nine - Brisbane is getting news from Sydney next week at 4 but otherwise the rest are local.

6 Likes

GTV-9 is certainly not short of future talents. Have the likes of Madeline Slattery and Justine Conway read the news before? They would be pretty good too I’d imagine.

Comparing Nine to Seven:

Nine: Hitch, Alicia, Dougal, Clint, Laura Turner, Eliza Rugg, Christine Ahern, Stephanie Anderson (as well as Brett McLeod and Carrie-Anne Greenbank when they get back)

vs

Seven: Mitch, Mike, Blake, Jacqui, Bec Maddern (potentially), Melina and that’s about it.

Nine certainly have the superior presenting talents.

6 Likes

Thursday (16.12.2021)-Friday (17.12.2021): Ben Avery presented Adelaide’s afternoon news.

8 Likes

Sydney Sports Presenter on Fridays and Saturdays, Erin Molan, has quit Channel Nine to join Sky News Australia.

I wonder who’ll do sports for Sydney in the new year on Fridays and Saturdays? Was Erin there last week, or did she start her “summer holidays” weeks ago?

5 Likes

Hopefully Roz Kelly.

3 Likes

Roz Kelly would be a nice addition if she joined the Sports Team on the news. She did fill-in for a few weeks on Sports Sunday recently and did a good job overall.

3 Likes

So The Australian’s report a few days ago was incorrect? She never signed a new contract, or she did but has immediately left after signing?

Definitely will be Roz Kelly taking over I think.

4 Likes

Big loss for Nine given Erin’s decade-long association with the network. I wonder if the recent development (as reported in The Australian) led her to join Sky?

3 Likes

@JohnsonTV that’s what I’m about to say.
A huge loss

I don’t think she’s a big loss really.

9 Likes

If Erin’s political views are anything to go by, Sky News suits her to a tee.

11 Likes

Not sure if she’d be a huge loss for Nine News, but is still a loss of some sorts. She did present Sports in Sydney for four years now. Sure, it may have only been as a “weekend presenter” as such though.

May be a bigger loss for the rugby league coverage where she had more of a prominent role. On some rugby league forums however, her loss may not be a “big deal”… Some nasty trolls on those forums unfortunately.

8 Likes

(17/12/2021) Tracey Atkins is presenting the Gold Coast news tonight with Bronte Gildea on weather.

Ebony Cavallaro presented weather in Brisbane on Friday and Saturday night.

4 Likes

Who did Sydney sport tonight, after Erin Molan’s departure?

5 Likes

Emma Lawrence

13 Likes

Now she was a huge loss for 10. She’ll do well at 9.

12 Likes

She’s already done well for them - she featured quite heavily on the network’s NRL coverage at the backend of last season when the comp was based in QLD.

4 Likes

I’m tipping Emma Lawrence or Roz Kelly for 9 News Sydney weekend sports presenter

7 Likes