Nine News Presenters and Reporters (2015-Sept 2020)

Lauren is a great talent. Shame she’s left the Canberra bureau, best of luck to her on the Gold Coast.

1 Like

Georgie Gardner is back presenting Sydney News tonight.

4 Likes

Georgie was very average last night during rolling coverage. Lots of stunned facial reactions when something didn’t work quite right. Like a deer in the headlights. Someone like Pete should have been bought in, or even had a second person on the desk for her to bounce things off.

I beg to differ, but lets be honest Georgie was stunned a bit as of feeds dropping out and the control room probably telling her constant stuff. Georgie is still a great presenter but i was expecting Peter Overton to present last night… Probably because he covered the parole in 2014 with other presenters.

3 Likes

Each to their own and all, but IMO there’s no way in which Usher can possibly be considered “superior” to Georgie Gardner.

5 Likes

Agree - in fact I heard Musher ask a question about whether she has build any strong relationships in Bali. The reporter then had to advise him that she had a boyfriend there. Musher had no background on the story - or appeared not to. GG was well informed.

2 Likes

Surely your thinking too much into that? It was probably just his way of summarising to viewers about her recent life.

3 Likes

He came across as ill-informed. That’s all I read into it.

2 Likes

I don’t think saying ill-informed is the right word, I’m confident that every journalist covering the story would know the story in side out. Perhaps it was the way he communicated it? However I think Michael did a good job compared to Georgie

As mentioned in both of my posts, he appeared to be ill informed. That doesn’t mean he was ill informed. Just as you don’t know if he knows the story inside out as you stated, I don’t know if he is ill informed of not. All I know is that his line of questioning appeared to show a lack of knowledge about the case.

He could have asked “We know Schapelle has a boyfriend in Bali who she is leaving behind, but does she have any other strong relationships she has built whilst on parole in Bali?” and it would have changed everything.

A lot of times journalists ask questions they know the answers to in order to get the talent/person being interview to expand on it themselves as it is better sounding coming from the words of the talent than the interviewer.

1 Like

Corey Norris presenting sport on First At Five News and Melbourne 6pm News again this weekend.

1 Like

Maybe she’s replacing Carrie-Anne Greenbank who’s moved to Melbourne? Don’t think they have any more fill-in news readers in GC except for Bruce and Wendy.

1 Like

A lot of talented upcoming anchors on Nine News Melbourne.

Darren Curtis.

I’d imagine that Nine would just use Bruce or Wendy solo if the other one was unavailable most of the time. If they needed to, Nine Gold Coast News could use a prominent reporter like Mia Glover or Sam Cucchiara to fill in.

Someone who IMO, probably should stick to reporting.

3 Likes

On another note, I wish Seven could do the same and develop some talent in their news teams from reporters in markets such as Sydney, Brisbane, Melbourne and especially Perth (because Rick and Sue will retire one day :frowning: ). Because right now, I can see that Nine will take the crown from Seven one day again because Seven’s team of presenters aren’t really up to standard with Nine and they aren’t developing any quality talents.

3 Likes

Both Seb Costello and Michael Best reporting in the UK now. Both have Europe Correspondent, so looks like Seb has been added as an additional correspondent and there is no Chief UK correspondent.

Seven has 3 Europe correspondents as well IIRC. Hugh Whitfeld, Cath Turner and Ben Lewis right?

Wasn’t there a Mediaspy member on the old forum who was a journalist doing some reporting with Prime7 in Wagga that posted some of his reports for them which had Ben Lewis as his name on them? (I think). Wonder if that’s him? If so, pleased to see he’s done good!

2 Likes

As far as I can tell, that is the same Ben Lewis you’re referring to.

He was also at Network Ten for a good 8-9 years or so after his time at Prime and has been based in London as a freelance reporter for Seven, SBS and ITN since July 2014.

3 Likes